If you travel a lot, sometimes it may seems that all entertainments in different countries are not so different anymore.
The era of globalization makes most restaurants and hotels look alike, tours and parks feel almost the same.
Therefore, it has becoming a problem to find unique, real way to have fun in each place you visit or even experience something different in your country as a local.
So you don’t want the same kind of entertainment everywhere you go.
In this way, you are just missing the real spirit of the place and true meaning of travelling.
You don’t want this to happen, do you?
What can you possibly do in Johor?
It can be in a long list!
One of the examples is to experience this unique place from a totally different perspective – its river and natural coastal surroundings or special parks for riders.
1. Stand Up Paddle By Coastal Paddle In Forest City, Johor Bahru
Coastal Paddle proudly presents you an exciting coastal activity – Stand Up Paddle (SUP) and many outdoor activities in Forest City, a newly developed area in Johor Bahru.
Their former SUP centre located at Telok Kabong is replaced by the new one inside the Forest City.
SUP is one of the unique and fun outdoor activity and is another perfect choice activity to add in your itinerary for your holidays.
Also read: 11 Eco Parks & Farms in Johor
You can choose morning paddle, sunset, night or even rain paddle and enjoy each moment of this and make great memories for your travel.
Through this coastal activity, you get the golden chance to explore the wonderful coastal surroundings.
Imagine yourself paddling through the sea and mangrove with your loved ones while “standing on water”, this could be one of the most memorable experiences in your lifetime.
a.) Stand Up Paddle Experience
Your journey begins at the coastal near to the sales gallery in Forest City and you will paddle through the mangrove swamps later. Seeing the seafood kelong at Kg Tanjung Adang marks the end of your adventure.
Paddle Tour Route: Coastal Paddle > Kim Kim River > Pulau Nenas (Pineapple Island) > Coastal Paddle. Join them in the morning (9:00am – 1:00pm) or afternoon (2:00pm – 6:00pm) session for a fun and relaxing day among friendly and adventurous people like yourself.
- Can be enjoyed by the whole family
- Kids can enjoy paddling too!
- A great adventure
- A chance to explore the natural coastal surroundings and waterways of Johor Bahru
- A lot of positive emotions
- friendly and nice people instructors
- A good chance to enjoy nature of Johor, spend you weekend in an active and original way.
- Not suitable for non-swimmer
- Don’t try paddle if you are afraid of water
b.) How Much Does Paddling Cost & Choose Options?
You can choose one of the option below for a great outdoor activity in the weekend.
- Self-paddling – RM20 per 20 minutes or RM60 per hour
- 3-hour coastal tour with guide (need booking) – RM100 for three hours
- Sunset Paddle – RM100 per pax (start anytime from 4:30pm to 7:30pm)
c.) Coastal Paddle Provide:
- Life Vest
- 1 instructor on the safety boat
- 1 instructor as lead
d.) Meals Before Paddle Session
- It is better to have breakfast or lunch before the SUP adventure starts.
- Self-paddling require one hour and coastal tour require 3 hours
After the paddle session you may to taste local seafood dishes, click here for more info: Top 11 Seafood Restaurants in Johor Bahru
e.) What To Bring For Sunset Paddle?
- Some snacks before your session;
- Sports Camera (GoPro, etc) ;
- A hat/cap;
- Sunscreen and sunglasses;
- Long sleeve tees;
- Small waterproof bag;
- Boots (Optional);
- A set of clothing and a towel for shower and change.
f.) Stand Up Paddle Safety
1. A leash to attach the paddler to the board.
2. Safety boat to follow
3. Wearing life jacket is compulsory
g.) Stand Up Paddle Video
SUP at Kim Kim River
Stand Up Paddle at Kim Kim River
2. Other Outdoor Activities & Water Sports Offered By Coastal Paddle
New Outdoor Activity in Johor Bahru! Johor Bahru’s first water walking balls!
Do you know it?
Besides mountain hiking, paintball, horse riding, Johor Bahru recently add several more challenging outdoor activity.
The outdoor activity located at “Cape Cabana” in Forest City.
Recently, they introduced many new and exciting outdoor activities such as ATV, Jet Ski, stand-up paddling (SUP), banana boat and Johor Bahru’s first water walking balls.
All activities are guide by instructors, you can choose to walk and roll in water balls and experience driving ATV on the beach and feel the thrill of speeding.
Jet Skiing At Forest City, Johor
ATV Rides At Forest City, Johor Bahru (RM30 for 20 Minutes)
Banana Boat At Forest City, Johor
Water Walking Balls at Forest City’s Swimming Pool (RM15 for 10 Minutes)
3. Dirt Biking
If you want to try something really Malaysian, dirt biking can be a good choice. It’s a very popular activity in Malaysia, as well in Singapore. If you are keen on extreme and active ways of having fun, you will be totally in place!
There are some very fun parks for riders in Johor such as Tristan Park. It has been attended by thousands of riders from the whole Malaysia since its opening in 2009.
Advantages of Dirt Biking in Tristan Park, Johor Bahru:
- friendly atmosphere;
- great fun.
Disadvantages of Dirt Biking in Tristan Park, Johor Bahru:
- some risk;
- so interesting and emotional, that it’s hard to stop and go home
Dirt Biking in Tristan Park
Riders love Tristan Park – a dirt-bike training center for off-road motorcycle riders, where we provide you with all the equipment for a fun-filled adventure.
For the best adventure in your life you will need:
- long sleeve shirt;
- long pants (jeans are acceptable);
- sturdy shoes that come up over the ankles;
- your courage and desire to have a real fun!
Don’t worry if it you see a motorcycle for the first time in your life. The Tristan Park is design for riders of all level, from first timer, novice/beginners to expert riding. We offer different types and sizes of dirt bikes and provide all necessary equipment.