Every year peak season start from end of June to August, you can see many durian stalls on the roadside at Johor Bahru selling different varieties of durian. Some of the stalls offer durian buffet. (for limited period ONLY!)
Just for your information, there are more than 20 varieties of durian in Malaysia such as D1, D101, D13, D17, D24, XO, Green Bamboo, Gang Hai, Blackpearl, Red Prawn, Musang King, Golden Phoenix and many more.
Among the durian varieties, the Musang King or Mao Shan Wang (猫山王) is the most expensive, sought after and desired. The selling price is twice expensive than other durian.
In Johor Bahru, where you can find them and best place to eat durian?
Today, I going to share with you the 9 popular places to buy and to eat durian in Johor Bahru (JB).
Where To Eat Durian In Johor Bahru
1. Ah Tong’s Durian Stall
2. Durian King Taman Sutera Mall
3. Ang & Chuan Fruit Trading
4. Mr. Uncle Durian Mount Austin
5. Machap King
6. Nusa Bestari Durian
Durian Farm Johor
1. Uncle Lim Durian Farm
2. Kulai Zhong Cheng Durian Plantation (古来忠诚榴莲芭)
3. Desaru Fruit Farm
Health Benefits of Durian
- Provides relief from insomia
- Helps to keep bones healthy and prevents osteoporosis
- Aids in maintaining optimal blood pressure and cardiovascular health
- Reduces risk of infertility in men and women
- Helps to reduce constipation, flatulence, bloating and indigestion
- Delays premature aging and appearance of symptoms such as macular degeneration and age spots
- Helps to prevent cancer and anemia
Info from: organicfacts.net
How To Go To Durian Stall Or Farm In Johor Bahru
- Private Taxi – Well, SGMYTaxi provides comfortable and affordable private car service from Singapore directly to JB durian stall. You can make a reservation online. After that, sit back and relax to enjoy your trip to durian farm or stall in Johor Bahru.
- Local Taxi – If you are from Singapore, you need to reach JB Sentral and then take local taxi to durian stall you desired to go but make sure you know the place because taxi drivers may not know the place at all.
- Car – You can drive on your own to durian stalls or durian farms in Johor Bahru to buy and eat durian.