Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm is located in the town of Seluk Sengat, Kota Tinggi in the Johor region.
It is considered to be the largest crocodile farm in the peninsular of Malaysia.
This is a popular tourist attraction site of learning facts about crocodiles.
And also provides a wonderful opportunity for some nice photo sessions.
In this article, you’ll getting to know:
Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm (Desaru Crocodile Farm)
The farm keeps more than 1000 saltwater crocodile species that are scientifically known as Crocodylus Porusus. They are found in all shapes and sizes both old and young.
A big lake is located in the middle of the area teeming with all kinds of crocodiles.
However, visitors are not allowed to step into the lake because of the danger involved, but they can have a perfect view from the walkway that surrounds the lake.
Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm Address
Lot 1289 & 1290, Jalan Sembilan, Kampung Belading, Teluk Sengat, 81940 Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia
Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm Opening Hours
Daily: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm Entrance Fee/Ticket Price
Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm Map
How To Get To Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm
Before depart from Singapore and have a one day trip in Johor, it is advisable to plan well for your transportation from Singapore to Johor. There are different mode of transport to reach your preferred places but depend on the location.
If you want to go to attraction around Desaru, the transportation choice only either hire private car service, local taxi, bus or self-driving.
The transportation rates is varied depend on the type of transport you used. It is therefore prudent to deal with a reliable, punctual and professional transport service to ensure you trip is comfortable and enjoyable.
Scroll down to choose the transport option to reach Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm.
1. By Private Car
SGMYTAXI provides private car service from Singapore to Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm (Desaru Crocodile Farm) at affordable price. Beside that, They also offer Johor Full Day Service Package. Their drivers will bring you around the top destinations in Johor.
All the cars are well maintained, fully air-conditioned and are spacious enough to carry up to 7 to 8 passengers per car including your baggage.
Their drivers will pick you up from any location in Singapore or from the airport and drop you off at your preferred destination. The same timely service applies if they pick you up from your residence and drop you off at the airport.
Also read: Private Car From Singapore to Desaru
If you are travelling to Johor Bahru, SGMYTAXI will take you there from the airport or with a stopover in downtown Singapore if you would want it that way. They will also offer the same service from Johor Bahru to Changi Airport.
Unlike buses and trains that only stop at scheduled places, you can stop anywhere you want for lunch, refreshments, photo shoots or just to enjoy the scenery. Moreover, if you are travelling from Singapore, you will not need to leave your car for immigration and customs processing. All these will be done with you seated right in the car.
2. By Bus+ Local Taxi
First, take bus from Singapore to JB Sentral.
There are 4 company bus can take you from Singapore to JB Sentral which are: SMRT Bus, Causeway Link Bus, Transtar Bus and SBS Bus.
More info, click here: How To Go To JB Sentral From Singapore
Second, you need to take local taxi to reach Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm. The rate of local taxi may different. You will need to deal with them.
If you’re in Changi Airport, then you can take MRT from Changi MRT station to Woodlands MRT station. The emergence of the Changi MRT stations have made bus transportation to become less relevant to most passengers and thus reduced the rate of bus commuting.
The success of the MRT stations has greatly shifted the attention from bus transportation. However, some buses are still operational although their frequency is low but you can still find buses from Johor Bahru.
A free bus shuttle operates to and from the Changi Business Park. This ride has nine scheduled stops both ways and it operates every day except weekends and public holidays.
There are 3 ways to reach Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm from Johor Bahru Checkpoint as listed below:
Route 1: via Route 3/AH18 and Jalan Kota Tinggi – Pengerang/Route 92
Estimated travel time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Route 2: via Lebuhraya Senai-desaru/E22
Estimated travel time: 1 hour 21 minutes
Route 3: via Lebuhraya Senai-desaru/E22 and Jalan Kota Tinggi – Pengerang/Route 92
Estimated travel time: 1 hour 22 minutes
Note: Before depart from Singapore, remember to check the traffic at Singapore-Malaysia border via Woodlands & Tuas Live Camera to avoid long queue at the border and waste your time.
Major Attractions Near Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm
Apart from the nice experiences from the Crocodile Farm, there are quite a number of attractions which make such a tour a life time experience. Among the most remarkable attractions include the following.
1. Desaru Beach
The Desaru beach are located in Desaru which is about 100 kilometers from Johor Bahru. The beach are well known for their cleanliness as well as their golf courses and other exciting attractions.
- Any visitor will be impressed with the amazing beauty and splendor offered by Casuarina trees which are a common feature here. These trees have made the place to be coined as the Land of Casuarinas.
- The beaches also offer a rare opportunity for one to have breathtaking views of the South China Sea which is an unforgettable experience.
- This is also a good opportunity to unwind and relax as you enjoy the various activities on offer like swimming, hiking, boating, among others.
- Many hotels, chalets and resorts (Desaru Lotus Beach Resort) are lined up along the beaches and this provides excellent accommodations and meals to visitors.
2. Desaru Fruit Farm
This is a very unique fruit farm that received the Malaysia Agriculture, Horticulture and Agro-Tourism (MAHA) special awards in 2006 as the best agro tourism site in Malaysia.
It is a well maintained farm that produces fruits of the highest standards. Among the fruits found here include the jack fruit, water guava, honey orange, durian and the sour soup.
Also read: Desaru Ostrich Farm
- The fruit farm has over 100 varieties of tropical fruits which are exotic to Malaysia and gives any visitor the chance to sample and learn about these fruits which are of Malaysian origin.
- The farm has also about 10 species of plants which provides an opportunity to know about plant species that are unique here.
- It also features a petting zoo and the Koi fish pond which are attractive features to many visitors.
3. Kota Tinggi Museum
Museums are known to attract quite a number of visitors in many parts of the world because they provide the history of the area in question and the Kota Tinggi Museum is no exception.
It was opened to the public in the year 2002 and provides useful history of the Johor state as a former Sultanate. This site was specifically chosen because it has historical significance as the seat of the former Sultanate.
- The Kota Tinggi Museum offers any visitor the chance to have the proper historical perspective of the Johor state and its people.
- It is an educational monument which provides visitors especially those on educational tours to adequately study the history of Johor.
- It presents visitors the chance to learn more about the people of Johor.
4. Kota Tinggi Waterfall
Malaysia has many waterfalls but not as splendid and as beautiful as the Kota Tinggi Waterfall. It is a must see place due to the fact that its waters run all the year round and it’s surrounded by facilities which you can’t find anywhere else in Johor.
The 30m cascading waterfall is found at the foot of the local mountain which is also known as Gunung Muntahak. Many Singaporeans and Malaysian alike gather at this place to experience this unique waterfall whose equal cannot be found elsewhere. It is usually busy on weekends and holidays.
- It has two waterfalls: the first one is a fascinating cascade falls with dammed pools at the bottom where one can have a leisurely swim. The other one is a free fall that thunders down the valley that is accessed through a beautiful walkway.
- There is a scenic view all the way from Kota Tinggi to the falls; you will enjoy the ride which acts as a curtain raiser for the beauty of the falls.
- There are lots of dammed pools where you can swim and cool down on hot days. The falls area has an abundance of nice spots where you can have a picnic.
- Kota Tinggi Waterfalls Resort is a nearby lodge which you can use as a weekend getaway from all the daily activities of urban life.
- Its rural countryside setting makes it attractive to nature lovers.
- The abundance of birdlife makes Kota Tinggi Waterfalls a birdwatchers’ paradise. Kota Tinggi is just 60km away from Johor Bahru and this makes it accessible to many visitors.
5. Sungai Lebam Wetlands
Sungai lebam Wetlands is well renowned for its fireflies and lighting bugs. These insects provide a magical experience to any watcher and are a very attractive feature here.
The fireflies are hugely attracted to the Berembag tree and can be seen in their hundreds as they emit their on and off lights that actually originates from the abdomen area.
- The fireflies are a rare kind of insects which make many visitors to stream here in large numbers to experience these magical moments. NB: Photography is not advisable since it makes the insects disappear.
- You can experience the night life in Sungai Lebam after watching the fireflies because it gives you the opportunity of being in the area at this particular time. NB: It is advisable not to touch the insects because it endangers their lives and reduce their population
6. Mawar Gallery
Mawar Gallery is the first of its kind in Malaysia and mainly showcases the achievements of the gracious and famous ladies of Johor.
- It is a good forum for recognizing the works and achievements of the ladies of Johor. It has portraits dating as far back as 1886 during the Sultanate era and highlights the royal ladies as well as other distinguished ones.
- The gallery enables visitors to trace the contributions of the ladies in Johor through the years and how it has impacted on the Johor of today.
7. Sultan Abu Bakar Mosque
Sultan Abu Bakar Mosque, a highly beautiful and well-designed mosque in Malaysia, stands on top of a hill in Johor Bahru.
- The mosque showcases one of the most complex architectural designs which take on the Victorian style. If looked at closely one can confuse its minarets with the British watch towers.
- The mosque is spacious enough to accommodate up to 2000 worshipers.
- Sultan Abu Bakar Mosque is listed as a protected heritage monument by the Department of Museums and Antiquities, a historical monument which is a hugely attractive feature.
8. Homestay Felda Semenchu
This homestay program is a wonderful opportunity for any visitor who wishes to acquaint himself with the real Johor Malay way of life.
It gives you a real Malaysian experience by actively engaging visitors with the Malay culture and traditions including traditional dances like kuda kepang and other traditional activities.
Best Restaurant Near Teluk Sengat Crocodile Farm
1. Sengat Seafood Restaurant
The Teluk Sengat area and its suburbs are well renowned for their delicious foods especially sea foods. One can sample the various delicacies on offer here in various restaurants.
The most frequented and popular sea foods restaurant is the Sengat Seafood Restaurant. This restaurant is located in the small village of Teluk Sengat which is found along the Johor River bank.
Also read: 11 Top Seafood Restaurants in Johor Bahru
It is strategically located at the top a small hill which gives one a perfect view of the Johor River and village below.
- Sweet sour crab served together with small buns – this is one of the most favorite foods for many visitors in this restaurant. It is a finger licking recipe of crabs cooked in sweet and sour tomato sauce and egg gravy. This type of delicacy is typically South East Asian and is a popular delicacy here.
- Butter Lobsters – These is mouth-watering and tasty delicacy that is very succulent on the inside and crunchy on the outside. One can never have enough of the butter lobsters, they are simply irresistible.
- Steam Sea Bass – this type of fish is very well prepared in this restaurant. They only prepare the freshest Steam Sea Bass which leaves many visitors with pleasant memories.
- Vegetables – vegetables are a permanent feature for meals here and mostly include the leafy and salad vegetables of different type which spice up every meal.