10 Must-Visit Theme Parks in Malaysia
BUT, do you know that Malaysia is also home to some of the world’s most amazing theme parks, first indoor theme park as well as the largest indoor park in the world.
All of these water parks and theme parks could make you so much fun and excited rides to give you enjoy to the fullest.
It’s truly your perfect destination vacation with your family, friends and lover.
Make your travel through Malaysia unforgettable journey.
So, have you been to any of Malaysia’s theme parks before?
If you answered “YES”, how many theme parks have you explored?
And what are the theme parks have you visited before?
Well, today I’m going to share with you the top 10 awesome theme parks in Malaysia.
1. Legoland Malaysia, Johor Bahru
Having opened in Nusajaya, Johor September 15, 2012, Legoland Malaysia is the first international theme park in the country. It features more than 80 interactive rides, shows and interesting activities for people of all ages. It is built inside the Nusa Cemerlang Industrial Park which is within the Iskandar Malaysia Economic Zone. It hosts hundreds of thousands of tourists every year. It is divided into three main parts. These are the Legoland Park, the Water Park and the Legoland Hotel.
You will find Legoland Malaysia in Johor Bahru city. It is situated just off the Coastal highway that parallels the Straits of Johor. It is also accessible from the 32nd Link road from Singapore at the Nusajaya Turn-off.
- With themed areas with names like the Beginning, LEGO City, Miniland, Imagination, LEGO Technic, LEGO Kingdoms and Land of adventure, there is everything for everyone. Children especially will have the time of their lives in the park.
- The Legoland water Park has a water themed entertainment program where visitors can enjoy over 20 slides.
- The Legoland Hotel boasts of 249 themed guestrooms. It also has a world class swimming pool as well as restaurants and bars. A buffet dinner is planned for guests every day.
- There is great shopping at Legoland Malaysia’s shopping areas
- There are offices as well as serviced apartments right within Legoland.
- There are local delicacies as well as international dishes at the Market Restaurant. Only Halal food is served here for those who prefer such dishes.
2. Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park (Little Red Cube) , Johor Bahru
This pretty theme park is tailor made for children’s enjoyment. It features children’s games and activities that will keep your kids happy and occupied all day long. Hello Kitty Town, right within the larger Little Red Cube in Johor Bahru has been a main attraction for kids from all over Malaysia, Singapore as well as touring kids from all over the world.
The Puteri Harbour Family Theme park is easily accessible from Johor Bahru, being only 35 minutes’ drive from the City Center. From Singapore, you will need only 25 minutes to get there. Legoland Malaysia is just nearby while Premium Outlets is a short drive away as well.
- Hello Kitty Town: Set within the Little Red Cube, Hello Kitty town is where young children can enjoy the Friendship Land with Hello Kitty and friends. The playgrounds here are safe for your children with attendants keeping a sharp eye on all areas.
- The Little Big club: Here you will find global characters to amuse your kids to the maximum. These characters are Barney, Pingu, Angelina Ballerina, Bob the Builder and Thomas & Friends. There are a wide variety of rides and games that your kids will love.
- Lat’s Place: This is also an amusement section that features homegrown characters including the Kampung Boy. Visitors can enjoy a hearty meal while appreciating Lat’s Cartoons characters at Lat’s Place.
- There is great shopping at The Little Red Cube with thousands of feet dedicated to retail space.
- There is fine dining here too whether you like international cuisine or local fare.
3. Angry Birds Activity Park, Johor Bahru
Set right inside Komtar JBCC, Johor Bahru’s premier mall is the Angry Birds Activity Park. With 20,000 square feet of fun and entertainment space, there is no shortage of wonderful experiences for kids, teens and their parents as well. Your family will be thoroughly amused by all that goes on there. With 12 hours business hours, from 10am to 10pm, you will have the opportunity to give your family all the fun they would ever want in a day as well as relax and unwind in the set areas for refreshments.
The Angry Birds theme Park is one of the most accessible theme parks in Johor Bahru. You will find it at the KOMTAR JBCC mall right in the city center. This is right across the causeway from Singapore and is welcome to all.
- You and your family will experience the best Angry Birds shows you can imagine. These shows are staged all through their opening hours.
- There are literally acres of space of fun and amusement for all the family. There are games to keep everyone occupied.
- The ‘open’ hours allow you and your family to sample all the games and enjoy all the shows at the Angry Birds Activity Park. There are plenty of places set aside for dining and refreshments at the Park. There are also other fine restaurants in the mall as well.
- There is awesome shopping at the JBCC mall. Acres of shopping space allow you to browse for goodies way into the night.
4. Sunway Lagoon, Kuala Lumpur
Situated in Subang Jaya in the Selangor area in Malaysia, Sunway Lagoon has been awarded numerous accolades as one of the best theme parks in all of Asia. It has been in operation since 1993 and it has had major improvements and growth since then. You and your family and friends will enjoy the water park and the unforgettable amusement park just next.
What do you expect from one of the world’s best theme parks? Nonstop fun for the whole family. The Sunway lagoon never disappoints. Set in an awesome 88 acres of land, the park boasts over 80 attractions to choose from. You will find something you all love there.
- The Water Park at Sunway Lagoon is one place to experience before you die. There is aman-made surf beach that reaches up to 8 feet. It is the world’s largest. There are also great water rides for all the family to enjoy.
- The amusement park features many rides and games for all the family. There is the Extreme Park which features Malaysia’s first Bungee jump as well as other games of skill and rides to confront all your phobias. The Scream Park features live actors as well as visual and audio effects to package their fear and scare experience for the not-so-faint-hearted.
- The Wildlife Park is a zoo which is both educative as well as interactive. You will find friendly wildlife there and the children will love interacting with them.
- Sunway Lagoon is also famous for hosting global events like the MTV World Stage.
5. Genting Highlands Theme Park
The Genting Highlands Theme Park in central Peninsular Malaysia is a premium resort with a wide range of activities and themes to suit all tastes and fantasies. It is in the highlands where the temperatures are much cooler than coastal Malaysia. The resort lays claim for the first indoor theme park in the world. Here you will find the indoor theme park, the Snow world, a video games arcade and the Cute and Cuddly Ice Cold fun.
There is a fine road leading to the resort and a car ride will get you there in less than an hour from Kuala Lumpur. The scenic ride offers some of the best landscapes you will see in your lifetime, but the destination is unlike anything you have seen or experienced.
- The First World Indoor Theme Park is a main attraction here. There are fabulous rides and entertainment galore here for people of all ages. Families especially have lots of fun here, and so do groups of friends and individuals.
- The Snow World, set high in the peaks offers an enchanting snowy wonderland. There are all kinds of activities to indulge in here.
- An entire arcade, the Video Games Park offers hundreds of video games for all people. Here you can unwind as you take a rest from all the activities available.
- For your leisure time, there are two theatres at the Cineplex. You will enjoy the latest blockbusters as well as classics here. Alternatively, the bowling alley might take your interest as you roll the balls.
- For a really good scare, you could venture into the Haunted Adventure theme park
- There are fine hotels, lots of parking and you can also take a skyway cable ride all the way to the top of the resort.
6. Berjaya Times Square Theme Park, Kuala Lumpur
Another theme park in Malaysia’s beautiful capital is the theme park famously known as Berjaya Times Square. It boasts the biggest indoor theme park in the country with approximately 130,000 square feet dedicated to fun and amusement. It is located in the 5th and 7th floors of the Berjaya Times Square complex. It offers a wide range of rides and games for a fulfilling fun time for the entire family as well as groups and couples.
It is a haven for thrill seekers who go for the exciting rides that pump out their adrenaline in gallons. Situated in the city, accessibility is easy and the opening hours are long.
- There are plenty of safe rides and games to choose from even for the youngest kids.
- Located in the vast mall, there are plenty of places to dine and take refreshments.
- Your shopping needs are fully satiated here as retail space is generous and all major brands are well represented here.
- Here you will find well stocked souvenir shops as well as vast gift shops for you to take mementos.
- The Fantasy Garden is a must-visit for the family. Here you will enjoy the rides and other amusements as you savor the quality time this theme park provides.
- Accommodation is readily available in the good hotels and apartments surrounding the mall.
7. Melaka Wonderland
Melaka is a fairly new tourist zone as compared to other more established areas in Malaysia. One of the main attractions here is the Melaka Wonderland. It is Malaysia’s newest water theme park. It attracts lots of tourists from Malaysia as well as from abroad. The park is designed to accommodate everyone; kids, teenagers, families and adults as well. They take the safety of visitors very seriously and try hard to make your visit as memorable as possible.
Surrounded by a recreational forest measuring 360 hectares, the theme park features a total of 16 attractions with names like the Tornado Chaser for the thrill seekers, the Adventure Island, 1 Big wave pool and many more.
- If you love water theme parks, this is one place you need to visit when you are in the region. The slides are fantastic and the water is clean.
- The kiddie pools and slides are just as exciting as they are safe. Your kids and teens will remember this theme park for a long time.
- The views of the natural forest are breathtaking and calming to the soul.
- There are many refreshment points in the park as well as dining areas.
8. A’ Famosa Melaka
A’ Famosa Resort, not far from the Malaysian town of Melaka is one of the country’s leading leisure, holiday and golfing destinations. Melaka itself is rich in History and it is the 16th century Portuguese fortifications that gave A’Famosa Resort its name. Since it was founded in the early nineties, it has developed to be an attraction to millions of tourists from Malaysia, Singapore, and greater Asia and from all over the world as well.
Just off the North-South Highway, A’Famosa Resort is just short of an hour by road from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and an hour and a half from Kuala Lumpur city center.
- The Championship golf course is a main attraction here. Designed by Ross C. Watson, a famed Australian Golf Course Architect, the Golf Course has all the hallmarks of a world class championship course.
- The first theme park on the grounds was the Water world. With its magnificent pools, innovative slides and children’s facilities, the Water World has welcomed millions of fun lovers ever since its inception.
- The Animal World Safari was completed in 2001. It has plenty of roaming animals as well as others that perform tricks for the visitors.
- The Cowboy Town will take you back to the Wild West Era with Indians, outlaws and nightly shows of life back then.
- If you want a break from it all, you can visit the historic town of Melaka to feel the history of this part of Malaysia.
9. Lost World Tambun
Ran by the Sunway Group, the Lost World of Tambun is a great getaway from busy city schedules and the demands of school and college. Set in the valleys of Ipoh, a region with a rich tin mining history during the English Colonial Period, the limestone cliffs surrounding the resort will take your breath away.
The Lost World of Tambun is approximately 200 kilometers from Kuala Lumpur heading North. The town of Ipoh is in the Perak Region in the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia.
- The Water World theme park is a must-visit when you are at Ipoh. There are great pools to while your time in; massive slides and you can also enjoy a leisurely trip on floats in one of Asia’s longest river of adventure.
- The amusement Park features rides and games of all sorts for people of all ages. The carnival atmosphere will leave you asking for more.
- The Zoo is another place to visit. From large animals like tigers to smaller ones that your kids can pet, the zoo will educate and entertain all who visit it.
- The Lost World Hotel is another attraction to The lost world of Tambun. With luxury rooms and great service, you will be pampered after all the activities in the resort.
- Dotted all over the resort are hot springs that are said to be medicinal in nature. Take the time to relax in the relaxing hot water in between the numerous activities at the theme park.
10. Bukit Gambang Theme Park
The Bukit Gambang Water Park and Safari Park are located in the resort city of the same name. Set in a massive 727 acres of land, the resort is a major attraction of tourists from Malaysia and the world. There are three world class hotels right in the resort for your accommodation purposes. The resort city is amidst many natural and cultural attractions as well.
The East Coast Expressway will take you to the resort which you will find just 35 kilometers before the beach city of Kuantan. It is 218 kilometers from Kuala Lumpur by road. It is 40 minutes by air from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 65 minutes from Singapore’s Changi Airport.
- Enjoy the Water Park at the resort to the fullest. The slides will keep everyone occupied while the kids will love frolicking in the pools. Take a floater down the resorts river as well. You can even rent a wooden cabana to relax in at the water park.
- The Safari Park is not a place you want to miss. It is the largest zoo in Malaysia with free roaming animals which include Malaysia’s rare white lions.
- World class accommodation is offered at the resort.
Visiting these Malaysian theme parks by road is the preferred mode by most tourists who believe in enjoying the journey as well as the destination. If you want a really unforgettable experience, you need to get in touch with sgmytaxi.com who will help you plan your road trip to any of these theme parks from Singapore and Johor Bahru. Their 7-seater cars are spacious and will comfortably accommodate a family or a group of friends and their luggage. You will not go wrong with this choice of transport.