Tioman Island is the perfect island destination for busy people wanting to take their families on a blissful holiday!
There is no flight to Tioman Island at the moment but you can fly to Johor’s Senai Airport instead!
From then on, you can get a private taxi service to take you from Senai Airport in Johor Bahru straight to Tanjung Gemok Jetty. That’s a 2.5 to 3 hour journey.
And the last leg of the journey is to hop on the ferry for another 1.5 hours to reach Tioman Island!
How To Get To Tanjung Gemok Jetty From Senai Airport
Hiring a private taxi to get to Tanjung Gemok Jetty from Senai Airport is a no-brainer if you wish to save your precious time, travel comfortably and leave no opportunity for delays!
1. Private Taxi From Senai Airport To Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Which private taxi service should you book?
Consider SGMYTAXI, a private car service that specializes in providing transfers with maximum comfort and ease between Singapore and Johor!
Why You Should Choose SGMYTAXI Private Car From Senai Airport To Tanjung Gemok Jetty:
- Experienced drivers who know their way around Johor well
- Safety is no issue – all cars in the fleet are well maintained
- You choose the pick-up time at Senai Airport!
- Ample legroom and storage space for bags!
- Easy booking process
- Reasonable rates
- Even large groups of 7 people will fit comfortably
- Go straight to Tanjung Gemok Jetty without having to wait for other passengers!
Still not convinced that you should book with them? You can check out these real testimonials from previous satisfied customers!
What To Expect:
- The journey should take approximately 2.5 hours, give or take.
- Bring enough Ringgit with you to pay the driver
These are the cars in their MPV fleet that you can choose:
Pick Up/ Drop Off Locations:
Choose between any of these arrangements:
Option 1: Senai Airport to Tanjung Gemok Jetty (1-way transfer)
Option 2: Tanjung Gemok Jetty to Senai Airport (1-way transfer)
Option 3: Senai Airport to/from Tanjung Gemok Jetty (2-way transfer)
How To Book A Private Car:
Simply send them a message through WhatsApp or fill in the online booking form.
Pay the fees directly in cash to the driver.
2. Self Driving From Senai Airport To Tanjung Gemok Jetty
If you prefer to drive yourself to Tanjung Gemok Jetty, you will need to rent a car at Senai Airport.
And these are the routes you can take:
Route 1 – via Laluan Persekutuan 3/AH18
Senai Airport → Kota Tinggi → Jemaluang → Mersing → Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Driving time: ~2.5 hours
View route details and map here: http://bit.ly/SenaiTgGmk1
Route 2 – via Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan/AH2/E2
Senai Airport → Ayer Hitam → Kluang → Kahang → Mersing → Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Driving time: ~3 hours
View route details and map here: http://bit.ly/SenaiTgGmk2
Tanjung Gemok Jetty
Yes, Tanjung Gemok Jetty is another 35 minutes’ drive extra from Mersing Jetty which also has ferry services to Tioman Island.
However, this is why most people choose to go to Tanjung Gemok Jetty instead of Mersing Jetty:
- To take the ferry service from the newer ferry operator, Cataferry
- More reliable ferry departure times.
Tanjung Gemok Jetty to Tioman Island Ferry Schedule
The ferries are more punctual at Tanjung Gemok Jetty than at Mersing Jetty due to the location of Tanjung Gemok Jetty, which makes it less susceptible to unfavorable tidal conditions.
So although ferry services at Tanjung Gemok Jetty are timely, you should note that the ferry schedules will still change on a monthly basis. Especially towards the monsoon period.
See the latest ferry to Tioman Schedule.
Hotel Near Tanjung Gemok Jetty
If you miss your ferry and have to stay overnight at Tanjung Gemok Jetty, there is a pleasant hotel to stay at!
1. Hotel Jeti Tg Gemok
Hotel Jeti Tg Gemok is the best place to stay over at Tanjung Gemok Jetty! It’s just a quick walk to the ferry terminal and has modern, clean and comfortable rooms!
Price Starting From:
Distance From Tg. Gemok Jetty:
5 minutes’ walk
- 24 hour local restaurants, KFC at ground floor
- Fu Man Lou restaurant nearby
- Simple breakfast at the hotel cafe
Good To Know:
- No designated car park for the hotel, but there is public parking around
- Hot water dispenser is on the ground floor.
- Limited WiFi and TV channels
- Pharmacy a few blocks away
Senai Airport To Tanjung Gemok Jetty Travel Tips
1. Where is the exact location of Tanjung Gemok Jetty?
2. How much is the parking fee per day in Tanjung Gemok Jetty?
3. How much is it for the Marine Park fee if you take a ferry from Tanjung Gemok Jetty?
Rates (in RM) for the Marine Park fee are as follows:
|Age (years)||Malaysians (RM)||Foreigners (RM)|
Note that you will not need to pay the Johor National Park Fee.
4. Is there any private car service from Senai Airport to Tanjung Gemok Jetty?
You can book a car (with driver) with SGMYTAXI.
5. How long does the ferry take from Tg. Gemok Jetty to Tioman Island?
1.5-2 hours depending on which village you land on in Tioman Island.
6. Where can I park my car at Tanjung Gemok Jetty?
There is an open-air fenced car park with a fee at the jetty where you can park your car overnight.
7. How long does the drive from Senai Airport to Tanjung Gemok Jetty take?
2.5 to 3 hours.
8. How far is Tanjung Gemok Jetty from Mersing Jetty?
Tanjung Gemok Jetty is a 35 minute drive (39km) up north from Mersing Jetty.