Taxi from Singapore to Pasir Gudang, Johor Bahru
An industrial town located about 35 km east of Johor Bahru; Pasir Gudang has a population of about 100,000 people. It is located at the eastern end of the Johor Bahru Metropolitan area. The main transport to this township is the Pasir Gudang Highway and a railway line to Johor Bahru. It is mainly an industrial town but there is also a lot to see and do there.
- There is a famous museum, Pasir Gudang Kite Museum which sits at the top of the picturesque Kite Hill. It is powered by electricity from its own working windmill. It is also the hosting site for the Pasir Gudang International Kite Hospital.
- One of the main attractions of this township is the Johor Racing Circuit which hosts one leg of the World Motorcycle Championship. There are also other competitions held every year in the same circuit.
- Pasir Gudang is also famous for its golfing. There is a world class course which host prestigious competitions from time to time apart from the normal golfing that goes on there. Three of its courses are named straits, Plantation and Village. Visitors from Singapore, Malaysia as well as other golfing countries, throng these courses for the great facilities and fine weather.
- There are also various accommodation facilities including classy hotels as well as restaurants, mainly selling seafood, that are famous for their delicacies.
Getting to Pasir Gudang from Singapore
While you can travel form Singapore to Pasir Gudang by road by simply connecting public buses, or by connecting rail services, the best way to get to visit Pasir Gudang, whether for business or for pleasure is by using taxi services. There are several reasons why:
- Pick and drop: using a privately hired taxi, you can arrange to be picked from your residence in Singapore or form Changi airport. You will also have the freedom to be dropped anywhere in Pasir Gudang at your convenience. Unlike the bus which has appointed stops, the taxi will go where you want to.
- Customs and immigration: the border controls on the Singaporean as well as the Malaysian border are stringent and time consuming. Traveling by taxi is preferable because you will not have to lug your entire luggage through customs and immigration. Those services will be offered while you are seated in the car.
- Reasonable prices: while travelling by bus or train is cheaper, the taxi more than makes up for their shortcomings by reasonable prices while at the same time enjoying all the benefits travelling by taxi bring. From the ease with which the border controls are handled and pick-up and drop offs at your convenience, taxi fare adds up to a good bargain.
- Own itinerary: Travelling by train or public bus leaves you at the mercy of bus and train routes and time. While in a taxi, you can stop wherever and whenever you want to because the itinerary is in your hand. You just need to advise the driver of your plans and you will have a fulfilling trip.