You will find many surprising things to do in Desaru all along the entire 6km coastline.
And you can stay at any of the luxurious resorts overlooking the South China Sea here.
Wonder how to go to Desaru from Singapore? Here’s all you need to know about getting from Singapore to Desaru!
How To Go To Desaru From Singapore
1. Singapore To Desaru By Private Car Service
Taking a private taxi service should be a no-brainer if you dislike driving or the general inconveniences of taking public transport!
SGMYTAXI offers comfortable private car transfers between Singapore and Johor, including Desaru!
Why You Should Choose SGMYTAXI Private Car From Singapore To Desaru:
- The drivers are well acquainted with Johor roads
- Their cars maintained on a regular basis
- You get to customize your own pickup, drop off points and the times too!
- Sufficient legroom and space for all your bags!
- Booking is easy
- Affordable rates
What To Expect:
- The drive should take approximately ~2 hours or less.
Their MPV fleets consist of the following types of cars:
Pick Up/ Drop Off Locations:
These are the available transfer options:
Option 1: Singapore to Desaru (1-way transfer)
Option 2: Desaru to Singapore (1-way transfer)
Option 3: Singapore to Desaru (2-way transfer)
How To Book A Private Car:
To book, send a message through WhatsApp or fill in the online booking form.
2. Singapore To Desaru By Bus
There’s around 100km between Singapore and Desaru.
Also read: How To Go To Desaru Waterpark From Singapore
Buses usually take 2 hours to make a one-way trip.
WTS Travel & Tours offers a route between Singapore and Desaru but only once at weekday, twice at the weekend.
Bus Operators: WTS Travel & Tours
Ticket Price: SGD $17.50
Departure Location & Time: Singapore Flyers at 9:00am
Return Location & Time: Desaru Coast at 5:30pm
Duration: 2 hours
3. Singapore To Desaru By Self Driving
Driving has some obvious benefits – You get to go wherever you want and stop whenever you need a break!
There are 2 possible routes you can take.
The second route gives you an opportunity to go visit Legoland Malaysia Resort!
Route 1: Via Lebuhraya Senai-desaru/E22
Singapore – Johor Bahru – Ulu Tiram – Bandar Penawar – Desaru
View route details and map: http://bit.ly/SGDesaruRoute1
Duration: ~ 1 hour, 40 minutes
Route 2: Via Second Link Expy/E3 and Lebuhraya Senai-desaru/E22
Singapore – Nusajaya – Senai – Ulu Tiram – Bandar Penawar – Desaru
View route details and map: http://bit.ly/SGDesaruRoute2
Duration: ~ 2 hours
Tips When Driving From Singapore To Malaysia:
- It’s the law to have at least 3 quarters of your car tank full before you get out of Singapore using your car! That goes for insurance too!
- Make sure your tyres have enough air!
- Definitely make sure that you’ve paid your road tax fees before starting your trip!
- You’ll also need to apply for a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) online to enter Malaysia
- There is only 1 rest stop between Tebrau in Johor Bahru and Desaru
- Never leave your car unlocked and unattended – even at a petrol station!
- Toll fees are unavoidable. Getting a freeway toll card from any toll booth will make things a little easier! You can use the card at the dedicated “Touch’n’Go” lanes.
- Bring water and snacks for your road trip!
4. Singapore To Desaru By Ferry
Did you know it was possible to reach Desaru via ferry?
You can take a ferry from Changi Ferry Terminal to Tanjung Belungkor Ferry Terminal.
Tip: Be at the ferry terminal at least 15 minutes before departure!
And at the Tanjung Belungkor Ferry Terminal, there is a 30-minute shuttle service that takes passengers straight to Desaru Coast.
Tip: Staying at one of the resorts along Desaru Coastline? Check with your resort if they offer a complimentary shuttle service!
Ferry Operators: Limbongan Maju
One way: SGD $27.00
Two way: SGD $40.00
Note: S$1.00 insurance fee is included in the price
Singapore Changi Ferry Terminal
Ferry From Singapore To Desaru Schedule:
Weekdays: 9:30am and 8:00pm
Weekends and Singapore public holidays: 9:30am, 12:30pm, 5:00pm and 8:00pm
Tanjung Belungkor Ferry Terminal
Ferry From Desaru To Singapore Schedule:
Weekdays: 8:00am and 6:30pm
Weekends and Singapore public holidays: 8:00am,11:00am , 3:30pm and 6:30pm
Ferry Duration: 30 minutes one-way
How To Book A Ferry To Desaru From Singapore: