A re you looking for exciting and entertaining things to do in Johor that are also within your travel budget?
Look no further; the Legoland Malaysia is the place to be.
Legoland Malaysia is the FIRST international theme park to open in Asia.
It has quickly become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region of southeast Asia.
There’s a lot to look forward to for visitors planning a trip that’s not too pricey yet certain to pack enough fun for the entire family, or even that close-knit group of friends.
It is just a short hop away from Singapore to Legoland and visitors are well-advised to use public transport or hire a taxi for a budget tour.
1) Getting To Know Legoland Malaysia
Legoland Malaysia is located in Iskandar Puteri, Johor. It hosts more than 70 exciting rides, shows and slides, you may revel in the hands-on approach and steer, pedal and program or simply squirt and splash your way through a heady experience.
It is by far one of the hottest destinations for a family getaway and unquestionably a must-visit destination for every holidaymaker vacationing in Malaysia.
Legoland is never short of enticing adventure which is bound to elevates the innate heroism of children by hosting 8 themed attractions.
These are day-long expeditions for the whole family that feature exciting discoveries from roller coasters to the LEGO experiment hubs such as:
- The Beginning
- LEGO Ninjago World
- LEGO City
- LEGO Technic
- Land of Adventure
- LEGO Kingdoms
Opening Hours: Daily 10:00am to 6:00pm, with longer operating hours during the weekends, school holidays and public holidays.
2) How To Go To Legoland From Singapore
2.1 Singapore To Legoland By Private Car
The best mode of transport to Legoland Malaysia from Singapore is by private car.
It is reliable and trusted private car services in Singapore and receive very good reviews from their customers.
This not only saves times when travelling from Singapore to Legoland but cuts out stubborn hassles that come with travel, and there’s more comfort as opposed to travelling by coach or bus.
Why Choose SGMYTAXI Private Car Service:
- Affordable private transfer & reasonable pricing rates
- Provides door-to-door service from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia
- Drivers will pick you up at your preferred date, time and location in Singapore and drop-off in Legoland Malaysia and the same for the return
- Select one way or return trip from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia or Legoland Malaysia to Singapore
- No need to get off from vehicles twice when crossing the Singapore and Malaysia border from immigration clearance
- No more alight belongings up and down from the bus
- Go straight to Legoland Malaysia in comfort of private car without need to wait for other passengers
- Easy booking via Whatsapp or online booking
- Accommodate up to 10 people per car
- Hassle-free and a comfortable journey to Legoland Malaysia without having to navigate the infrequent bus timetables especially if you travel with elderly people or young child
SGMYTAXI Happy Customers
2.2 Singapore To Legoland By Bus (Not a good idea)
A few select companies have been granted the concession to ferry guests across the boundary, and they all require you to disembark twice – first at the Singapore border, then at the Malaysian crossing. A change of buses is unavoidable as there’s no direct transport from Singapore to Legoland. Travelling by bus relies on two routes;
1. Via Woodlands Causeway
Step 1: Bus from Singapore to Johor Bahru-
Take an MRT yellow line train to Kranji station after which you’ll cross the overhead Woodland Road Bridge then board a bus to cross the causeway into Singapore’s customs point.
Step 2: Public bus from Johor Bahru to Legoland
Upon clearing customs, head to the modern rail station in JB Sentral and board a bus that passes Hello Kitty town for an onward 1-hour ride to Legoland. Singapore To Legoland How Long? The journey from Singapore to Legoland takes 3 hours.
2. Via Second Link Tuas
Step 1: Bus from Singapore to Gelang Patah
Take an MRT green line train from Jurong East station to the Jurong interchange. Board a bus to the Tuas checkpoint then alight at Singapore customs and after the baggage check, the bus proceeds to Johor Bahru customs point in Malaysia.
Step 2: Public bus from Johor Bahru to Legoland
After clearing customs, board a bus at Johor for a 15-minute ride to Legoland which is the first stop on the route. The journey from Singapore to Legoland takes 3 hours.[/custom_list]
More info about transport from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia, click this -> How to go to LEGOLAND Malaysia from Singapore
3) Legoland Malaysia Ticket Price & Packages
Entrance to Legoland Malaysia Resort is by tickets which you can buy online or at the ticketing offices at the theme park. You can decide to buy the ‘Combo’ ticket which gains you access to both the theme park and the water park.
3.1 Legoland Malaysia Ticket Price
The other option is to buy a ticket for either the theme park only or one for the water park. The combo though has good discounts if you want to visit both parks. The charges for standard tickets are as follows:
- Combo for Adult (Theme Park+Water Park+Sea Life): RM 313 (1 day) or RM 313 (2 day)
- Combo for Child/Senior (Theme Park+Water Park+Sea Life): RM 250 (1 day) or RM 250 (2 day)
- Combo for Adult (Theme Park+Sea Life): RM 278 (1 day)
- Combo for Child/Senior (Theme Park+Sea Life): RM 221 (1 day)
- Water Park for Adult: RM 157 (1 day)
- Water Park for Child/Senior: RM 128 (1 day)
3.2 Legoland Malaysia Annual Pass Price
An annual pass allows you unlimited access to the parks that your pass allows.
- Triple-Park Annual Pass for Adult: RM313
- Triple-Park Annual Pass for Child/Senior: RM250
- Double-Park Annual Pass for Adult: RM278
- Double-Park Annual Pass for Child/Senior: RM221
- Single-Park Annual Pass for Adult: RM231
- Single-Park Annual Pass for Child/Senior: RM185
- Triple-Park annual pass allows access to theme park, water park and sea life.
- Double-Park annual pass allows entry to theme park and sea life.
- Single-Park annual pass allows entry to theme park only.
More info about Legoland Malaysia ticket and promotion, click here -> Legoland Malaysia Ticket & Promo
4) Legoland Malaysia Theme Park
For adults and children alike, there is no shortage of things to do at Legoland Malaysia Theme Park. Whether you choose the theme park or the water park, or both, you will have a full day’s activities to keep you busy all day.
Legoland Malaysia has plenty of things to see and do for kids, but there are also things that adults can enjoy as well other than chaperoning their kids and supervising them on rides and slides. Here are some of them:
Here expect speedy and exciting rides for the whole family. For young children, there are Lego workshops where they can challenge their young minds.
The rides though, steal the show with ‘Project X’ taking the honors. Do not miss this exceptional ride when you are in Lego Technic. The Aquazone is a fine place to cool down in the Malaysian sun which can be sweltering at times.
The main show here is the rollercoaster which rises above all others in Legoland. The views are as amazing as the feeling of being way up there.
Other features at Lego Kingdom include Forestmen’s Hideout, Castle Stage, Royal Joust, Castle Games, Dragon’s Apprentice, King’s market and the ever exciting Merlin’s Challenge.
The Dragon Rollercoaster is another ride to try. Made for kids, it is a ride to remember for them and well worth the travel from Singapore to Legoland.
Like in all Legoland Theme parks in the world, the Miniland is heart of the parks. Legoland Malaysia’s Miniland is no exception. With an Asian theme and with 17 areas to sample, it would be a great disservice to you and your friends or family if you fail to visit this place.
With fabulous representations of Asia’s landmarks, it is a sight to behold. Visit the Lego Petronas Towers, Taj Mahal, The Great Wall of China, Downtown Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Angkor Wat and many others.
One advantage of taking the trip from Singapore to Legoland is the chance to see perfect representations of Asia’s most noticeable landmarks made out in Lego blocks.
The tremendous art applied here to make these representations will astound you. Be it the Petronas Towers, Singapore, Angkor Wat, The Great Wall of China, The Forbidden City and many more.
Imagination is an unpredictable section at Legoland Malaysia. There are competitions like one where you have to pull yourself up to compete with others, there is the Build and test zone where kids will have a fun time building towers from Lego Blocks.
After putting them up, a simulated ‘earthquake’ tests the stability of each and only the most stable are left standing. Apart from these, there is a lot more to visit the place for.
Most adults really like the idea of an observation tower and this is something they can get to enjoy once they travel from Singapore to Legoland. From up there you will have a good and clear view of the whole of Legoland.
Apart from enjoying the amazing views, you will have the chance to plot your itinerary of fun for yourself, your family or for friends making the choice of places to start with and or end with a lot easier.
Lego Studio 4D is another place for adults to relax as they watch amazing 4D shows of Lego representations. It is a fine place to experience the latest technology in film projection and related issues.
With daily shows and punctual screening almost all the time, it is best place to plan your trip to the theme park with the show time in mind so that you do not miss a minute of the great shows they have.
Here, you and your kids will enter a forgotten world, where dinosaurs live and pharaohs are there as well. There will be treasure hunts in catacombs too.
One high point in the Land of Adventure is a visit to Dino Island. Take a ride over a volcano, through a castle and swoosh down in a splash of water to crown the whole thing.
Part of the Land of Adventure section in Legoland Malaysia, Dino Island is fun for adults or older children. Here, you will ride into a ‘forgotten volcano’ enjoy the castle for a moment before taking the plunge in the ride which gets to the bottom with a splash of water. Fun all round.
This is the section where children have a whole lot to do; not that there are no activities to keep the parents excited as well.
They will captain boats and drive cars, fight fire in the Rescue Academy, enjoy a trip around Legoland on a life-size Lego train, ‘fly’ miniature planes and enjoy rides and slides as well.
5) Legoland Malaysia Water Park
Legoland Malaysia Water Park is a great place for all water lovers, young and old. This is because there are more than 20 thrilling slides and over 70 Lego models to enjoy.
No one making the trip from Singapore to Legoland Malaysia should miss the water park for any reason whatsoever. This is because the fun and excitement from the slides there will make everybody, even grown-ups, have time to remember and yearn for an annual pass.
Here are some of the unforgettable activities that will leave you asking for more and the children demanding a return trip.
Here children under the age of five will have the time of their lives. This is because there are shorter slides and splashes from small-sized Duplo creatures for kids to play with. There are safety marshals all around for safety and guidance while you will also have the opportunity to supervise the kids.
This is an opportunity for the adult kids and the adults to get in the groove together. It is a giant half-pipe with a diameter of 11 feet. It allows for a group of six to slide fast through this pipe of 313 feet before landing in a wading area at the bottom.
This ride will take in a whole family or a group of friends where five people compete down a water slide mat to see who will get to the bottom fast. Thrilling, competitive, and energizing, it is one of the most popular slides at the Water Park. Do not miss this ride when you take Singapore to Legoland trip with your family.
It not very often where you get to design your own raft and ride it down a river. In this activity, you get to select your Lego blocks and make a raft. When you think it’s good enough, you will float it on the Lazy River and jump on it to start the slow ride down the river.
Woe to you if your raft will not be steady or firm enough; you will splash right into the water! Not to worry though as the river is really lazy and shallow, and with lifesavers all around, you will never be in danger.
Here, kids will have a combination of imaginative, educational and interactive fun!
First, there is this massive table where they can put together dams and bridges out of Duplo Bricks and see their worthiness by testing them on flowing water.
Secondly, they can have lots of fun at a musical stand where water squirted out of holes makes musical notes. By covering some holes and releasing others, children will be able to make their own musical sounds.
For families with young kids travelling from Singapore to Legoland, the Legoland Water Park is a safe, thrilling and entertaining for the whole family. You will find all the safety measures taken to ensure all is well as you have fun with the whole family as you have lots and lots of fun.
6) Legoland Hotel Malaysia
Legoland Malaysia Hotel is a fine place to spend nights especially after a day out at the theme park. Sometimes after driving from Singapore to Legoland, and having a great day at Legoland, the theme park or the water park, a night or two at Legoland Hotel will just crown the experience.
With 249 themed guest rooms to choose from, you family or group of friends will be spoilt for choice. The selection goes along the Legoland themes of Adventure, Pirate and Kingdom.
With each guest room coming with two separate sleeping areas, one with a kids place to sleep (it has a bunk bed and a trundle bed) and the other with a king-size bed for the adults, the sleeping arrangements are made.
There are TVs in both areas as well. The Deluxe and Suite rooms can comfortably accommodate eight people with four adults sharing one room as a maximum. The Standard and Premium ones carry a maximum of 5 with 3 adults max to a room.
Dining Options Available In Legoland Hotel Malaysia
For guests who would prefer to have their nights away from the theme park, there are other options nearby where you can unwind and have a relaxing night before you can face the next day.
These hotels include Somerset Medini Nusajaya (Popular Choice), Hotel Ariana at Iskandar, The Vintage Hotel, Princeton Hotel, Hotel Granada and Pariss Hotel.
Also read: 7 Resorts Near Legoland Malaysia
8) Shopping At Legoland Malaysia
Shopping is as much fun as almost any other activity at the Legoland Malaysia Theme Park. Here you will find no less than five different shops each with its own special theme to give you an experience like no other.
Also read: Top 12 Shopping Malls In Johor Bahru
Some of the shops you will get to enjoy once you travel from Singapore to Legoland are:
- The Mini Market: The Mini Market has all the supplies you need for your stay at the Legoland Malaysia theme park. If you had forgotten to carry some supplies on your journey from Singapore to Legoland, you need not worry; Mini Market will cater for everything. You can also buy some things after an adventurous day out in the theme park on your way home.
- The Big Shop: It basks in the reputation of being the biggest shop in Legoland. Situated just after the main entrance to the park, this retail marvel stocks the Asia’s most extensive collection of Lego toys. Souvenirs from Legoland can be purchased here. They include T-Shirts, Mugs, sweatshirts, hats and many more fun things to have.
- King’s Market: Situated strategically at the courtyard at the Castle, you will get dreamy and fun costumes here. Dress up like a knight or princess here, and stroll all up and down the castle in regal regalia.
- The Brick shop: This being Legoland, there had to be a brick shop. Here you will find all the various components, elements and accessories to customize your Lego creations when you and your kids get home.
- Adventurer’s Depot: Here you will find more Legoland souvenirs to take back with you as mementos to a wonderful time at Legoland Malaysia. You can also buy them as gifts for those who did not make with you for the trip from Singapore to Legoland.
9) Dining Options Available In Legoland Malaysia
All taste buds are catered for at Legoland Malaysia. The cuisine available from 3 different restaurants and 3 kiosks serving food all within the theme park keep all guests satiated and re-energized in the premises. Having traveled all the way from Singapore to Legoland, you will need a good meal at some time.
Everybody loves a good meal once in a while and when you are in Legoland Malaysia, you will not be short of places to have a deserved bite in between all the fun and excitement.
The best place to start is the Market Restaurant where you will find culinary delights to make your tongue mellow and replenish energy lost in the various activities. For choices you can try the Asian Deli, and the kebabs, pizza, and burgers on offer.
- Market Restaurant: This superb restaurant serves the best Asian and European fare in this resort area of Johor Bahru. The menu, which is fully Halal, has both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes to include everyone. Do you love meatballs, chicken rice, roast chicken, pasta, fine salads and much more? You will not go wrong with Market Restaurant.
- Asian Deli: Here, you will find all the best food from the subcontinent. With delicious names like Nasi Lemak, Chicken Curry Rice, Assam Laksa, and Roasted Chicken Wings, you will not want to miss this deli on your break when at Legoland Malaysia.
- Pizza Mania: Enjoy the fabulous fare from a fine Italian kitchen with authentic ingredients, tastes and smells. Enjoy the succulent pizza as it comes out fresh from the ovens. You will also find organic salads, daily soup selections, fresh fruit and unforgettable ice cream. With both indoor and outdoor seating for those hot days, you will have no reason to regret your long journey from Singapore to Legoland.
- King’s Grill: The grill has a great outdoor seating area but that is not all about it: the food is even better. You will not find better grilled chicken, sausages and more for miles around. And we have not started talking about the dedicated counter for hot waffles and ice cream yet….
- The Café: Fresh breads, sweet pastry, lasagna, pies, soups and ready to eat meals? Get to the café as soon as you get to the theme park and start your day there with some fine food to get you going.
- Burger Junction: With a view of Dino Island’s plunging ride, the outdoor shaded seating gives guests a cool place to have great burgers, hotdogs, and great snacks all accompanied by onion rings and fries done just right.
- Castle Fried Chicken: For a good break from all the energy sapping activities, a fried chicken done by people who know their job is just the thing to give you more energy for extra activities and the Castle Fried Chicken is just the place.
With years of experience in impeccable customer service and professionalism, you will not go wrong with SGMYTAXI.
SGMYTAXI is the most reliable & affordable private taxi service from Singapore to Legoland as well as other attractions in Johor.
Contact or WhatsApp them to get clean and spacious 7 to 10 seater taxi, they provide excellent service to drive you from Singapore to Malaysia and bring you back when your excursions are all over. Try them and you will not regret.