Looking for a way back to Singapore after having so much fun at Legoland Malaysia?
Whether you want to travel in comfort, save money or reach Singapore in the fastest possible way, we have complied all kinds of transportation options for you!
There are 3 ways to get to Singapore – taking private taxi, public bus or shuttle train.
Either way is safe to take so just look for the one best suited you!
Below is the complete guide for you from Legoland Malaysia to Singapore.
Let’s check them out!
How To Get To Singapore From LEGOLAND Malaysia (Ultimate Guide)
1. Private Taxi From Legoland Malaysia To Singapore
After an enjoyable day in Legoland Malaysia, you probably feel exhausted and eagerly wanted to get back to sweet home and rest.
If you are looking for the simplest and fastest way to get to Singapore, the private car service from SGMYTAXI is highly recommended because when the traffic condition is favourable, you will reach Singapore within 1 hour while just sitting in the car!
Why I Like SGMYTAXI Private Car:
- Directly bring you to destination.
- Faster than any other transport such as public bus and train.
- Can sit back and relax throughout the journey without the need of getting off the car to clear customs.
- Safety of passengers is always our priority. We always double checked the car condition before sending off any passengers.
- Friendly driver will pick you up on time and drop you off at your home or any designated point in Singapore.
- All drivers are well-trained in manners and they are very familiar with the route in both Singapore and Johor.
- Cars are well-maintained and can store plenty of luggage.
- Reasonable price with all services provided. Even cheaper if travel with more than 5 passengers.
- Travel using the shorter and less traffic route – Tuas / Second Link.
- Online booking procedure is very simple. Most importantly, they will get back to you as soon as possible.
Who’s It For:
Family who travel with babies, small children or elderly and people who travel in group. Besides, private car is ideal for people who want to be in Singapore in the shortest possible time.
SGD$100 to SGD$150 per fleet which can accommodate up to 10 passengers.
How To Book:
1. Online booking at the website
Step1: Check the exact price of your trip.
Step 2: Go to the booking page and fill in your booking details.
Step 3: Confirm the booking status once you receive the booking confirmation email. Or else, you trip will be cancelled.
Step 4: Pay cash upon arrival in Singapore.
Whatsapp the details of your trip to +6011-2080 6262. We will arrange everything for you.
SGMYTAXI Happy Customers
Tips, Tricks & Feedback:
After a long tiring day in Legoland, taking private taxi to Singapore truly offers you the most pleasant ride. As the driver possess excellent driving skill, you won’t feel any dizziness in the luxury car. You can even recharge in the car for a little while.
All transportation matters such as clearing immigrations and tolls are well-taken care by drivers. Just give your passport to the driver and everything settles perfectly.
After all, your safety is 100% guaranteed and you will not feel exhausted throughout the journey.
2. Bus From Legoland Malaysia To Singapore
Another way to Singapore is by taking public bus. Keep in mind that you should only consider taking bus if you have plenty of time because you could have stuck at the immigration for 2-3 hours especially in peak hours.
Why I Like Public Bus:
- Cheapest option among all.
- Does not need to book tickets in advance to secure a seat.
- Easy to get on board because there are many spaces around.
Why I Don’t Like Public Bus:
- Unlike private car, taking public bus is relatively tiring because you constantly need to get on and off the bus with all belongings just to clear the customs.
- During holiday or peak period, expect an extremely long queue at the immigration. A lot of time and energy are wasted here.
- There is also no direct bus bringing you from Legoland to Singapore.
- Frequency of bus departing from either Tuas Second Link and JB Sentral is not consistent.
- You squeeze and share every ride with other people.
- You need to hold the bus tickets just to get on the bus after clearing customs.
- Distraction like playing smartphone or going to toilet for a little while might lead to missing the bus.
Who’s It For:
Budget family with older kids and people who are not in rush.
Public Bus Ticket Price:
Around SGD$6 per way.
Option 1: Bus From Legoland Malaysia To Singapore (Via JB Sentral)
Step 1: Take Causeway Link bus, LM1 from Legoland Malaysia to JB Sentral. It takes about 1 hour to reach JB Sentral from Legoland Malaysia.
Also read: How To Go To Johor Bahru From Singapore
Step 2: Take another bus either from JB Sentral or JB Checkpoint to Singapore
After you reach JB Sentral, board any of the following bus operator to Singapore.
- SBS Bus: 160, 170, 170X
- SMRT Bus: 950
Or you can walk to JB Checkpoint from JB Sentral and get your passport stamp. After that, take the following bus from JB Checkpoint to Singapore.
- Causeway Link Bus: CW1, CW2, CW5
- SBS Bus: 170
- Transtar Bus: TS1
Option 2: Bus From Legoland Malaysia to Singapore (Via Tuas Second Link)
Step 1: Take Causeway Link bus, SL1 or JPO2 from Legoland Malaysia to CIQ Second Link
You need to walk from Legoland Malaysia to main entrance of Mall of Medini and wait for the bus coming. Bus arrival time may vary from time to time.
Step 2: Take another bus from CIQ Second Link to Singapore
After you reach CIQ Second Link, you need to wait for another bus to bring you to Singapore. Board any of the following bus below:
- Causeway Link Bus: CW3, CW4, CW6
Bus may depart from CIQ Second Link every 5 to 10 minutes but we’re unable to know the exactly bus departure time.
Tips, Tricks and Feedback:
Up until now, the one and only reason people consider taking bus is because they are on budget as public bus is the cheapest option among all.
But in terms of time taken and comfortableness, it is probably ranked the last. Let me picture for you, imagine you have spent the whole day playing in Legoland and now in the public bus, you still squeeze with other passengers.
Later at the customs, again you need to queue up for long and carry the heavy luggage along. Look how you are!
Also, it is advisable to leave Legoland as early as you can to reach home in time. But this means that you lose plenty of time playing in the theme park too.
3. Train From Legoland Malaysia To Singapore
There’s also a train known as Shuttle Tebrau serving between JB Sentral and Woodlands CIQ, contributing a faster route to Singapore.
All you need is just arrive at JB Sentral on time and board the train. With merely 5 minutes, you will be in Singapore safe and sound!
Why I Like Train:
- Unlike public bus, it won’t stop at each station to pick up passengers. You will arrive at Woodlands CIQ directly.
- You don’t spend much time clearing customs. The queue is relatively short.
- You confirm getting a seat which is much comfortable than bus.
Why I Don’t Like Train:
- Tickets are often sold out.
- You need to plan your time well based on the train schedule.
- Frequency of the train is very low. If you miss a train, you might end up spending hours to wait for another train.
- You cannot reach the destination directly. Local taxi is needed to get to JB Sentral from Legoland.
Who’s It For:
Small family or small group of people who travel in budget whereby the train schedule can fit their itinerary.
Step 1: Take Local Taxi To JB Sentral
From Legoland Malaysia, there will be taxi around. Take any of them to JB Sentral and board the train. The local taxi price is around RM37.00. Make sure you reach JB Sentral before the train departs.
Step 2: Take Train From JB Sentral To Woodlands CIQ
Upon arrival at JB Sentral, follow the sign saying Shuttle Tebrau and head to Malaysian immigration. After clearing customs, board the train and enjoy the 5-minute ride to Singapore.
Train Price & Schedule:
The train only operates 17 trips each day. Check out the train price and schedule and start planning your trip.
Tips, Tricks and Feedback:
Train service is cheap, fast and efficient. But if compared to private car, it’s a bit more tiring as you need to carry luggage with you. Upon arrival at Woodlands CIQ, you still need to find a way to home too. Besides, if you travel in large group, the total price is even higher than taking private car.
If you consider taking train, a few advices here is to buy tickets online in prior because it is often sold out especially in peak hours. As the last train to Singapore departs at 10:15pm, be sure you arrive at JB Sentral before that.
If you travel by yourself, it is recommended to take public bus unless you have no budget constraint. However, expect the journey to Singapore to be more than 3 hours.
If you travel with a group, opt for shuttle train. If the group is quite big, private taxi is highly recommended because despite travel in comfort, it is not that expensive after dividing the fares among all of you.
If you travel with family and kids, private taxi is still highly recommended because there will be driver bringing you home. Most importantly, kids can have a rest in car.