Welcome to world-class waterfront city where comfort meets nature – Danga Bay.
Set amidst a beautiful setting, Danga Bay is now transformed into one of the signature landmarks of Johor Bahru.
Top-notch shopping malls, hotels, marina, fine restaurants, luxury condominium and many activities & events are gathered within these 450 acres of land.
Besides luxury, Danga Bay showcases also the Johor culture as official residence of Sultan Johor.
All these attractions are densely connected with main roads, airports and seaports to provide ultimate convenience.
Get indulge in the pleasure offered and they assure you get the best urban experience.
How to Get to Danga Bay from Singapore
1. Singapore to Danga Bay By Private Car
Advantages of Using Private Car Service:
- Faster than coach service.
- Direct pick up at your doorstep at any location in Singapore and drop-off at your preferred destination.
- The most convenient and hassle free cross-border transfer between Singapore and Malaysia.
- No need to get off from vehicle for immigration clearance.
- No need to queue in long lines and alight with your baggage all the way to reach your destination.
- Pick up at your preferred date and time.
- Non-sharing private car service
Disadvantage of Using Private Car Service:
- More expensive than coach service.
Private Car Service Suitable for:
- Families travelling with infants or children.
- Elderly people who unable to stand for long time to clear immigration.
- People who don’t want to share ride with other individual (door-to-door private transfer).
- Travel in big group (more than 4 people)
- People who want to maximize their time to Danga Bay and their budget as well.
We recommend you to ride with SGMYTAXI, the leading private car company in Singapore as they have been receiving numerous positive feedback and rated excellent from their customers. Many said that their services are caring and professional.
The company offers luxury fleets which can accommodate up to 10 passengers such as Toyota Innova, Toyota Alphard and Hyundai Starex at the most reasonable price. Their experienced drivers will bring you to your designated destination safely. Along the journey, you can also drop by some places that you want.
Booking is simple. Please refer to booking procedures for detailed .
2. Singapore to Danga Bay By Bus
Advantage of Using Public Bus:
- Cheaper than other transport modes
Disadvantage of Using Public Bus:
- Hassle especially on peak period and public holiday.
- Need to bring all luggage down and up twice and queue in long lines for immigration clearance.
- You need to get off from bus at JB Sentral and take another Johor Bahru local bus to Danga Bay.
- No direct bus service from Singapore to Danga Bay.
Public Bus Service Suitable for:
- Personal travel or families who are on budget.
Step By Step Guide From Singapore To Danga Bay By Bus
Step 1: Take bus from Singapore to JB Sentral. From Singapore, there are 5 WAYS to arrive at JB Sentral. Choose any pick up point below.
Pick up point 1: From Jurong East Interchange
- Board SBS Transit Bus Service 160 which terminates at JB Sentral.
- Departure Time:
30am – 11.19pm (Full loop), every 8-17 minutes
11.20pm – 12.00am (Terminate at JB Sentral), every 8-17 minutes
Pick up point 2: From Kranji MRT
- Board SBS Transit Bus Service 170X which terminates at JB Sentral.
- Departure Time:
36am – 11.30pm (Weekdays), every 5-13 minutes
5.40am – 12.00am (Saturday), every 5-13 minutes
5.40am – 11.30pm (Sunday), every 5-13 minutes
Pick up point 3: From Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange
- Board SMRT Bus Service 950 which terminates at JB Sentral.
- Departure Time: 5.30am – 11.30pm (Daily), every 9-14 minutes
More bus service from Singapore to JB Sentral, click here: Bus From Singapore To JB Sentral
- Bus services above will pass through Woodlands CIQ and Sultan Iskandar CIQ (Immigration checkpoints).
- At each checkpoints, alight from the bus to clear the customs. Need not to board the same bus after clearing customs but you can board any bus of similar service.
- Bus frequencies vary according to traffic conditions.
Also read: Singapore To Johor Premium Outlet (Transport Guide)
Step 2: Board Johor local bus to Danga Bay. From JB Sentral, there are a lot of local buses to take you to Danga Bay. Here’s the complete list.
1.Bus operator: Causeway Link
- Board any of bus service no. 1B, 5B, 7B, 505, 777B, BET1, BET3 or JPO1
2. Bus operator: S&S International
- Board bus service no. S&S 7.
3. Bus operator: Maju
- Board any of bus service no. 221 and 229.
4. Bus operator: City Bus
- Board any of bus service no. 15, 331
5. Bus operator: Kembara City
- Board any of bus service no. 606
- Each fare is different but definitely below RM10.
- These buses do not terminate at Danga Bay. So, be alert.
Also read: How to Go to Bukit Indah from Singapore
Hotels Near Danga Bay
1. Tune Hotel Danga Bay
Tune Hotel is located in the centre of Danga Bay, easily accessible to nearby attractions. Transport services to nearby attractions are provided.
The hotel features double rooms, twin rooms, quad rooms and accessible rooms. Each room comes with air conditioning, TV, toiletries and complimentary wifi. Room prices are low so it’s best suited for budget travellers.
24 hours security and safety boxes are offered to ensure your stay a safe one. To provide convenience, the hotel boasts 7-Eleven which opens 24 hours.
2. M Suites Hotel Johor Bahru
Ideal for business travellers and leisure as M Suites Hotel is easily accessed to shopping centers and business centers. The hotel requires merely 15 minutes’ drive from Woodlands Causeway.
Featuring 113 spacious suites with a living room and a dining room, each suite comes with satellite channels and high-speed WI-FI to provide utmost comfort.
Also read: 15 Best Beach Resorts in Johor
MAIO Italian Restaurant is their on-site restaurant which serves innovative Italian and Mediterranean cuisines. For local and western delights, proceed to Myra Bistro where you can enjoy fantastic sea views while dining.
3. Zoom Inn Boutique Hotel
Stay in Zoom Inn Boutique Hotel to get the best personalized services offered by their attentive staff. Their staffs are 24 hours available to serve you with all they can.
The hotel offers contemporary rooms ranging from standard room, superior twin rooms, deluxe rooms to suites. Modern facilities and amenities are provided in every rooms.
Various offers are available throughout the year. So please visit their official website for more detailed information to get the best deals.
4. Golden Leaf Hotel Danga Bay
For those who are seeking for budget accommodations in Danga Bay, Golden Leaf Hotel can be your option.
Also read: 7 Resorts Near Legoland Malaysia
Room rates are affordable for all and the rooms are comfortable as well. Easily accessible to Danga Bay’s attractions and WI-FI is available in every corner of the hotel.
5. Kozi Hotel Danga Bay
As its name indicates, this hotel offers cosy ambience and it’s best suited for travellers who are looking for a clean and comfortable room for relaxation.
After all-day working or sightseeing, the rooms offer you home-like comfort within their spacious area. It’s just 5 minutes’ drive from Woodlands checkpoints.
Danga Bay Attraction
Reputed as largest recreation parks in JB, Danga Bay boasts many affordable attractions where you can make memories that will last for a lifetime.
Danga Bay Theme Park
One of them is Danga Bay Theme Park, a mini theme park that offers over 20 exciting amusement rides including roller coaster, Zamperla pirate ship, ferris wheel, bumper car, merry-go-round and musical carousels. It’s open daily from 3:00pm to 12:00am.
Danga World Petting Zoo
Opened in 2007, Danga World Petting Zoo is housed to over 180 species of animals and some are ready for close contact. The environment is clean and well decorated. Visit in between 8:30pm to 10:00pm to enjoy the animal show which performed daily.
Also read: Zoo In Johor Bahru
To know more about the culture of Johor Bahru, visit Rumah Limas which showcases different kinds of traditional Malay houses. Each is uniquely built and some feature cultural shows and arts & crafts exhibition.
Country Garden Danga Bay
Featuring award-wining landscape, the developers of Country Garden Danga Bay have taken this advantage to fill this area with waterfront apartments and wide selections of activities and entertainment.
The beach here is truly one of the best in Johor Bahru. Overlooking the Straits of Johor, this 25km stretches of beach offers amazing coastal and stunning sea views. And it’s just 5 minutes’ drive from Woodlands Causeway Checkpoint.
The bay boasts beautiful marina with spectacular seafront views. The Phoenix Club even provides yacht facilities for dynamic individuals. Inside the club, there is a gymnasium featuring boxing ring, yoga room and newest gymnasium equipment. For shoppers, take pleasure in the outstanding shopping street and the commercial shops along the bay.
Tropicana Danga Bay
Developed by Dijaya Corporation Berhad, Tropicana Danga Bay is a world-class residential development which was the first in presenting resort-style living in urban area. Easily accessible as it is highly connected to highways, Senai International Airport, Singapore Changi Airport and sea ports.
The area boasts luxury apartments, commercial blocks, world-class hotel and a shopping mall. All these buildings are interconnected by sky bridges and well-shaded links.
Here, you feel yourself living in nature. The residences are set amidst the lush greenery to promote a wholesome lifestyle. Even the roofs are designed to be greenery to provide a tranquil garden atmosphere.
Swimming pool, garden lounge, water maze, tennis court, games room, squash court, gymnasium and even Jacuzzi are offered within this area for a truly indulging experience.