There is a lot of best places to visit in Singapore!
But if you are an Indian citizen and you are planning a vacation to Singapore, you will need to apply for a Singapore e-Visa to enter Singapore up to maximum 30 days.
In this article, we will tell you how you can apply for it, what are the procedures and documents needed to get a Singapore e-Visa.
You are required to apply it online as it does not accept any walk-in application.
Besides, you can only apply for it either through any Authorised Visa Agent (AVA) in India or through a local contact in Singapore who is a Singapore citizen.
With only 1 working day, you will know whether your application is successful.
Scroll down to know more in details.
Singapore e-Visa on Arrival for Indian Nationals
A valid Singapore e-Visa is needed to enter Singapore but holder only gains a pre-entry permission into Singapore. Later at the entry checkpoints, there will be ICA officers to determine whether to grant you an immigration pass.
1. Who is eligible to apply for Singapore e-Visa?
Indian Nationals holding normal Indian passports need to apply for Singapore e-Visa to enter Singapore. On the other hand, Indian Nationals holding diplomatic, service and official passports do not need an e-Visa for entry.
2. Is Singapore e-Visa a Single Entry Visa or a Multiple Entry Visa?
Singapore e-Visa is a multiple entry visa. Within the issued validity period, you can travel to Singapore multiple times and you don’t need to reapply again to get a Singapore tourist visa.
3. How long can I stay in Singapore using the Singapore e-Visa?
A Singapore e-Visa holder can stay in Singapore up to maximum 30 days.
4. From India, how can I apply for Singapore e-Visa?
Singapore e-Visa has to be applied online through any of the Authorised Visa Agents. Applicants will be required to fill in a Form 14 A and submit it online. This form can be accessed on the ICA website for free, or click here: https://www.ica.gov.sg/esvclandingpage/save
Besides, applicant may apply for a Singapore e-Visa through any local contacts in Singapore who is a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident with valid Singpass account. The visa application is then submitted online through your Singapore’s local contact via the SAVE system on ICA website.
Take note that walk-in applications will no longer be accepted. All applications must be submitted online.
5. From India, what documents do I need to prepare to apply for Singapore e-Visa?
- A completed Form 14 A signed by the applicant and a covering letter that stated clearly the purpose of your visit to Singapore.
- Valid Passport with minimum validity of 6 months before your flight to Singapore.
- Photocopies of biodata as well as the last page of your passport.
- Copies of confirmed return ticket flights.
- Recent passport-sized colour photos which taken within 3 months and without headgear (45mm high & 35mm wide). Refer here for detailed photo guideline.
- Relevant documents like In-Principal Approval Letter, Employment Letter, LOI (Letter of Introduction), Company Invitation Letter, Residential Proof, Letter of Guarantee from the Shipping Agent and etc.
- All documents which are in Hindi are required to be translated in English.
6. How much do I need to pay when applying a Singapore e-Visa?
You need to pay SGD$30 while applying for Singapore e-Visa. You can pay it using Visa Credit, Debit Card or Master Card. Apart from that, if you apply through the authorized visa agents, they might ask you to pay Rs.300 for service charge.
The e-Visa fee is non-refundable. These fees may change at the discretion of Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Other Singapore e-Visa FAQs:
1. I have lost the copy of my Singapore e-Visa, what should I do?
A new copy of your Singapore e-Visa can be printed out by following the steps where you track the status of your visa application. Or, contact your authorised visa agent to get yourself a new copy.
2. Does Singapore e-Visa guarantee all applicants entry to Singapore?
No, Singapore e-Visa only provides pre-entry permission which does not guarantee an entry to Singapore. Other requirements need to be fulfilled as well.
For example, upon arrival, you should provide:
- confirmed return flight tickets
- valid passport with validity period at least 6 months
- sufficient funds like cash or credit cards to show that you can fully cover your expenses during your stay in Singapore.
- A completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (D/E Card)
- A valid Singapore Visa
- Proof that you are able to enter your next destination, for instance: a visa.
Only after you satisfy the basic requirements, a Visit Pass will then be given and the holder can enter Singapore. Your period of stay granted is stated on the Visit Pass.
3. How long before my intended travel date can I apply for Singapore e-Visa? Is it possible to apply for Singapore e-Visa 24 hours prior to the departure time?
No, you cannot apply for Singapore e-Visa 24 hours prior to the departure time. You should at least apply for it a month prior to your travel date.
4. How long is the Singapore e-Visa application process?
After submitting to the authority, your Singapore e-Visa application will take within 1 working day to be processed. This 1 working day does not include weekends, public holidays and the submission date.
5. Do I need to print out my Singapore e-Visa?
Yes, you need to print out your Singapore e-Visa. Your authorised visa agent will do it for you.
6. How can I stay connected to know whether my Singapore e-Visa application is successful?
If you apply your Singapore e-Visa through an authorized visa agent, they will normally email you the status of your visa application after they get an update from the Singapore Consulate.
However, your application is not guaranteed to be successful. It depends on the Singapore government’s rules and regulations.
7. How long does my Singapore e-Visa valid for?
With an Indian passport, your Singapore e-Visa has a validity period of 2 years.
8. I get my Singapore e-Visa already but the validity period ends before I return to my country. Should I apply for a new Singapore e-Visa?
No, as long as your departure date to Singapore is within the validity period, you don’t need to apply for a new e-Visa.
Also read: Electronic Arrival Card Singapore
9. Where can I get the Singapore e-Visa application Form 14 A?
The Form 14 A is available at the Singapore government website. You can download it from here.
10. Is it possible to get a refund of Singapore e-Visa processing fee?
The Singapore e-Visa processing fee as well as the service fee are non-refundable regardless of the results of your application. Even if you withdraw it after submission, the fee cannot be refunded too.
11. Where can I check the status of my Singapore e-Visa application?
The status of Singapore e-Visa application can be checked online. You can visit the ICA website and click on the “Visa (SAVE)”. Proceed to the next page, click on the “Status Enquiry” and enter your Application Reference Number and your Travel Document Number.
If your application has been approved by ICA, you can click the “Proceed” button to print out the copy of your Singapore e-Visa.
12. I would like to cancel my application of Singapore e-Visa. How can I do that?
Once the application has been submitted, you cannot cancel the application anymore. Besides, the payment you have made cannot be refunded as well.
13. I have done the payment. Can I still modify or amend the information on my Singapore e-Visa application?
Right after you have made the payment, you are not allowed to modify the application anymore.