Desaru and Legoland may both be in Johor but there are 1-2 hours of driving in between them!
Legoland is a major tourist attraction in Johor Bahru and definitely one that kids will enjoy!
Instead of just the theme park and water park, they now have Sea Life Aquarium – which is their new educational marine saltwater aquarium centre!
So if you’re keen to go, let’s go over all the options from Desaru to Legoland Malaysia!
Transportation Options From Desaru To Legoland Malaysia
As far as transportation goes, you have 3 options to get from Desaru to Legoland Malaysia:
Option 1: Private Taxi From Desaru To Legoland Malaysia
Pros Of Taking A Private Taxi From Desaru Coast Adventure To Legoland Malaysia:
- No navigating, parking or driving required on your part
- Relax and enjoy the scenery in the comfort of a spacious MPV car
- Affordable rates
- Safe – Drivers and cars are reliable
- Customize your pick-up point and time
- Uncomplicated booking procedure
- No transits or waiting for other passengers in between!
- You can stop anywhere you like in between Desaru and Legoland
Cons Of Taking A Private Taxi From Desaru Coast Adventure To Legoland Malaysia:
- Expensive for solo travelers
For more proof of their excellent service, refer to these real testimonials from previous happy customers!
What To Expect:
- Approximately 1 hour on the road
- Bring cash (in Ringgit) to pay the driver
All the cars in SGMYTAXI’s MPV fleet that you can choose:
Pick Up/ Drop Off Locations:
The following arrangements are available:
Option 1: Desaru to Legoland Malaysia (1-way transfer)
Option 2: Legoland Malaysia to Desaru (1-way transfer)
Option 3: Desaru to/from Legoland Malaysia (2-way transfer)
Please pay the driver (in cash).
Option 2: Bus from Desaru Coast Adventure to Legoland Malaysia
Normally, taking the bus will be the cheapest option available.
Also read: How To Go Desaru Waterpark From Singapore
However, it’s not convenient of taking the bus from Desaru to Legoland unless you happen to be staying close to Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark.
Note: The bus will stop at Senai Airport first before Legoland.
Pros Of Taking A Bus From Desaru Coast Adventure To Legoland Malaysia:
- You don’t have to drive
Cons Of Taking A Bus From Desaru Coast Adventure To Legoland Malaysia:
- No direct bus from Desaru to Legoland Malaysia Resort.
- Absurdly long travel time (~4 hours)
- Have to queue for the bus along with other passengers
- There will be at least one transit
Route – Via Senai:
Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark → Senai Airport → Legoland Malaysia → Senai Airport → Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark
Bus Operator: Causeway Link
Total Duration: ~4 hours and 13 minutes
Ticket Price: RM29.50 to RM50
Departure Time (Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark): 8:30am and 4:30pm
Departure Time (Senai Airport): 9:45am and 5:45pm
- Take the morning trip and you’ll reach Legoland by 10:30am!
- Price is cheaper if you book for more people in the same transaction!
Option 3: Self Driving From Desaru To Legoland Malaysia
Rather than cramming into a bus with strangers on a journey that shouldn’t take nearly as long as it does:
You can drive to Legoland yourself!
Total Duration: ~1.5 hours
Pros Of Driving From Desaru Coast Adventure To Legoland Malaysia:
- It will only cost roughly RM50 for petrol
- Privacy – Just you and the people you care about
Cons Of Driving From Desaru Coast Adventure To Legoland Malaysia:
- Your car will be baking in the sun while you’re at Legoland all-day
- You have to rely on GPS or a map if it’s your first time going!
- You have to rent a car if you don’t have a transport
Route 1 – via Lebuhraya Senai-Desaru/E22:
Desaru → Ulu Tiram → Senai → Kangkar Pulai → Nusajaya → Legoland
Route details: http://bit.ly/DesaruLegolandRoute1
Route duration: ~1 hour, 22 minutes
Route 2 – via Lebuhraya Senai-Desaru/E22 and Route 17:
Desaru → Ulu Tiram → Taman Mount Austin → Taman Perling → Nusajaya → Legoland
Route details: http://bit.ly/DesaruLegolandRoute2
Route duration: ~1 hour, 40 minutes
Distance From Desaru To Legoland Malaysia
In case you’re wondering how far you need to travel to go to Legoland Malaysia Resort from Desaru, the total distance is close to 100km.
Travel Tips From Desaru To Legoland Malaysia
1. Which is the quickest way to get to Legoland Malaysia from Desaru?
Driving or by SGMYTAXI private car (the drivers know the route well!)
2. Are there any direct bus routes to Legoland Malaysia from Desaru?
3. How do you get to Legoland Malaysia from Desaru without having a car?
Take the bus or hire a private car service.
4. How many hours do you need from Desaru to Legoland Malaysia?
The journey is estimated to be 1 hour by private car service and 4.5 hours by taking the bus.
5. What are the best ways to travel from Desaru to Legoland Malaysia Resort?
By hiring a private car service is the best way. Because you don’t have to worry about the driver, driving licenses, route, maps and etc.
6. Where can you stay that’s close to Legoland Malaysia?