Have any plans this weekend? Why not make a trip to the alluring Kluang district in the middle of Johor?
Kluang is the former capital of Johor under the early British rule but has since made a name for itself in the tile industry and organic farming.
As a matter of fact, there a lot of Kluang attractions are waiting for you to discover! Some organic farms offer eco-farm tours – which are a fun way to learn more about food production!
There are a whole bunch of other engaging activities to do in Kluang – Check out the list below!
8 Best Kluang Attraction
1. Kluang UK Farm
UK Farm enjoys its reputation as one of the popular Kluang attraction. Only a couple hour’s drive from hectic Singapore city life too!
The 100-acre farm specializes in sheep and goat farming – they have thousands of sheep actually! Making them Malaysia’s largest goat and sheep farm.
As part of their venture into agrotourism (since 2008-2010), you can learn about the 21st-century goat milking production and even bottle feed goats and calves on the farm!
Other activities include:
- A visit to their organic vegetable farm and fruit gardens.
- Tour the mushroom farm.
- Visit an Orang Asli (indigenous people of Malaysia) village.
- Ride a horse-drawn cart.
- Fish at the farm too!
Take the full experience and stay overnight on the farm:
- Cozy chalet & dormitory-style accommodations
- BBQ facilities
- Function rooms and more!
The peaceful verdant pastures of UK Farm await you!
2. Kluang Rail Coffee
One of the unique things to do in Kluang includes getting a comforting cup of coffee and breakfast at the maiden branch of Kluang Rail Coffee. It’s 70 years old!
Also read: Top 31 Things To Do In Johor Bahru (JB) Your Last Minute Travel Hacks!
This original Kopitiam serves the following in their menu:
- Coffee made with coffee beans that they roast in-house with butter.
- Quintessential Kopitiam food like kaya toast, curry puffs, nasi lemak, and soft-boiled eggs.
But unlike other Kopitiam, Kluang Rail Coffee still toast their bread in the traditional manner – over a charcoal fire!
Enough about the food though, let’s talk about the ambiance here!
Aesthetic features include:
- Wooden slat sunshades hang over the curious wire mesh windows – the windows really add to the nostalgic feel of this Kopitiam! Makes for a nice breeze too!
- A convenient location is next to Kluang’s train station.
- A simple exterior belies the equally simple but extremely charming and rustic interior!
Want to relax and watch the trains go by? This is the best place to do it!
3. Zenxin Organic Park Kluang
Here is another Kluang attraction that health-conscious folks can appreciate! After all, you are what you eat!
And at Zenxin Organic Park, you can see first hand how fresh food gets to your table!
Also read: One Day Trip In Kluang Johor (4 Recommended Itineraries & 7 Things To Do)
Learn about the main principles that this organic vegetable farm practices! It’s not only about avoiding pesticides!
Other things to do here include:
- Pick your own herbs at the herb garden!
- Or rent a bicycle to explore the huge farm!
- Buy something at their gardening supply shop, Eko Paradise to start your own garden or introduce a more sustainable way to care for your existing one!
- Have a delicious meal made from 100% organic produce straight from the farm at the Farm Table Restaurant. They specialize in vegetarian fusion food.
- Or you can just get fresh ingredients from the Farm Mart at Zenxin Organic Park to make your own organic meal at home later!
- You can bring home some organic mulberry tea from Farm Mart too!
4. Kluang Coffee Powder Factory
Coffee lovers, take note! Kluang Coffee Powder Factory may be one of the less prominent Kluang tourist attractions, but it boasts quite the success story!
The factory tour is free too and you can discover what lengths the founder, Goh Tong Tor went through to make the factory what it is today!
What is special about the coffee here?
- Both black (sugar and vegetable oil roast) and white coffee (three-bean roast) of the highest quality are available here. You can sample them too!
- Do you know the local coffee brand, Television Coffee? This factory makes it!
Television Coffee gets its curious name from the founder’s perspective on how coffee and television bring people closer back in the 1960s. And until today, that is still relevant!
Don’t forget to bring some tasty coffee powder back as a souvenir to remind you of a satisfying day at Kluang Coffee Powder Factory!
5. Gunung Lambak (Mount Lambak)
At 510m above sea level, the trek to the summit of Gunung Lambak strikes as a challenge, even for those of moderate fitness!
Not surprisingly, this is also a popular hiking spot for the locals.
What you should know about the hike:
- Gunung Lambak (or Flea Mountain) has twin peaks.
- From the base, it takes around 2 hours to reach the higher one and there are several routes you can choose from – the most pleasant route is the concrete path. Suitable for elders!
- Once you reach the midway point (20-40 minutes’ time), there are different routes to choose from too.
- The midway point has a pavilion, benches and a signboard.
- Use the ropes and tree roots to pull yourself up! Especially if it’s been raining recently.
The view at the top is pretty nice! Just trees all around!
Eco Resort is nearby if you need accommodation. It has the following facilities:
- Swimming pool
- The restaurant is worth checking out!
In case you do plan to go, allow up 2-3 hours to do this hike!
6. Kluang Street Art (Bat Town)
Somewhere downtown is a surprisingly stunning Kluang attraction!
Of course, this is none other than the colorful mural street in Kluang!
About 24 different wall murals and 3D art adorn the back lanes and alleyways of Jalan Dato Teoh Siew Khor.
Some background on the murals:
- The murals are the result of an event by the local council to engage local and international artists to help beautify Kluang!
- The many creative murals showcase a variety of typical Malaysian scenes, coffee, local food and oddly enough, bats!
- Why Bats? Because Kluang owes its name to the local fruit bats which are keluang in Malay.
You need at least an hour to fully appreciate all the time put in by the artists to bring the old street back to life!
And if you feel a need to quench your thirst, there are an abundance of quaint little cafes and stores to do just that!
7. Gunung Belumut
Here’s another Kluang attraction that will have you catching your breath!
This 15km (including return) strenuous hike to complete to the peak at 1,100m.
What to expect:
- It takes a total of 7 hours – 4 hours up and 3 hours to go down.
- You will have to climb on all fours at times!
- Tree roots will be your best friends!
- Watch your step! It can get pretty slippery after a dose of rain. There will be little streams to cross too!
- The summit is nothing too spectacular, you will get to see some moss-covered branches and rocks along the way!
You will need a guide and permit to hike here! Check out Freewill Hikers.
If you want to break up the long journey, it is possible to stay on this mountain overnight at any of the three camping spots. At extra charge.
Prepare for this arduous trek by climbing lots of stairs!
8. Kluang Mall
Of all the places to visit in Kluang, this is the one to satisfy your shopping needs!
The spacious and modern mall occasionally hosts exhibitions and events (so check their site for that) in their atriums.
Also read: 23 New & Popular JB Shopping Mall
There are also a total of 5 floors, including the lower ground or basement. And get this, close to 348k sq ft with 160 specialty retail shops!
- Popular Bookstore
- Pacific Hypermarket & Department Store is the main anchor
- Mika Premium Gift Shop (lower ground) – Pick up some locally-made Mika Charcoal & Milk Swiss Rolls! Beware that these spoil very easily in hot weather!
And while you are at the lower ground, go get some lunch at the mall’s reputable food court, Kluang Food Street.
Want to catch a movie? MBO Cinemas is your answer.
Or you can go bowling at Ampang Super Bowl on the third floor of the mall!
Transport From Singapore To Kluang
Why you should choose SGMYTAXI:
- Skip the hassle of immigration altogether- you will not even need to leave the car to do this!
- 100% customizable pickup times and locations.
- Easy booking process.
- Spacious and comfortable cars – choose one from their fleet that suits your travel group.
- Affordable rates!
Make Online Booking now!