Are you seeking for a new home or interested in shopping or other recreational activities in Johor Bahru?
Are you in need of satisfying your modern way of living where all your shopping and entertainment needs are within arms reach?
Look no further because coming up soon is a series of malls and residential apartments that will improve your lifestyle by providing you with the best facilities available in the market.
Located in prime areas which are easily accessible, these malls will offer you a place to stay, work and play.
Here are some of the upcoming shopping malls which will be up and running in the not too distant future.
9 Upcoming Shopping Malls In Johor Bahru
1. Paradigm Mall JB
The Paradigm Mall JB is to be located in a 13-acre portion of land and will be the latest city landmark in Johor which will be made up of a 6-floor shopping centre with a very modern and exquisite 4 star hotel including an ultra- modern 263 unit service apartment.
Also read: 11 Largest Shopping Malls in Johor Bahru
The setup applies a very unique retail concept that offers an opportunity for one to experience localized shopping at its best. That is not all because customers are also treated to a variety of feature including:
- A variety of popular restaurants and family entertainment activities that are found in the one stop shop concept. This is a feature which is meant to benefit everyone including visitors and locals alike.
- A mixture of fashion lifestyles which are international in nature, specialty stores, popular restaurants, department stores, the largest indoors ice skating rink, family karaoke, a gourmet supermarket including the largest multiplex and much more.
- Offers different and original retail platform for all and is located in an ideal location in their need to expand and establish their footprints in the finest mall that this southern cosmopolitan has yet to experience. This particular shopping mall is big with many retail possibilities and is easily accessible as it is about 10 minutes drive from Johor city centre and about 20 minutes from Legoland Malaysia, Iskandar Puteri (Nusajaya) and Sanrio Hello Kitty Town which are prime locations in Johor Bahru.
2. Mid Valley SouthKey Megamall
This particular project will be undertaken as a joint venture between IGB and the Johor based Selia Pantai Sdn Bhd. The mega mall is to be built inside the SouthKey Township in a 36-acre piece of land.
Once the project is complete, the Mid Valley SouthKey Megamall will be the largest mall in the Johor region. This development will include:
- Eight 30 storey tower blocks, four office blocks including a serviced apartment which will contain about 180 units. Also to be featured in the project will be a Cineplex, bowling alley and a host of other leisure activities which will be available at the Mid Valley Megamall.
- Three hotels which will include the Boulevard Hotel, the Cititel Johor Bahru Hotel and the Gardens Hotel. The project is to be undertaken inside Iskandar which is set to be an integrated township that will involve a complete urban lifestyle and therefore the concept brings out the residential, commercial and recreational components for the locals to enjoy a life that is fully harmonized in a truly perfect environment.
- A central park which will cover about 18 acres of green land to be enjoyed by all in the vicinity. It thus presents a lifestyle that is modern and all-encompassing in the Johor Bahru city. SouthKey, which is designed with Mid Valley SouthKey Megamall is surely going to set the pace of a desired future lifestyle for the citizens of today.
- It is found in a prime area in Iskandar Malaysia and is at the core of neighborhoods that are fully matured and which are connected by a network of thoroughfares and highways. The Jan Bakar Batu is a six lane road that is accommodative enough to handle any kind of traffic and connects you to the rest of the world. Other connections include roads like Jalan Tebrau and Eastern Dispersal link, North-South highway and Pasir Gudang. South Key would therefore have a very superb connectivity through a network of roads and will be boosted by the Eastern Dispersal Link. These roads make the accessibility of shopping, recreation and dining activities to be at your fingertips.
3. IKEA Johor Bahru
IKEA is set to open a new store in Johor Bahru by the end of 2017 which will be located near Jalan Desa Tebrau and will be the first store in the southern region of Malaysia.
The recruitment process for staff is ongoing. This is part of IKEA’s ambitious program to expand into Southeast Asia and the provision of affordable, functional and well designed Swedish home furnishings.
Ikea is well renowned for offering well-designed home furnishing and functional solutions at prices which are fair and are easily affordable.
It has well focused customer oriented policies which incorporates services and activities that benefit the society. Ikea is fully owned and operated by Ikano Private limited. Its product variety is wide in a number of ways.
First, is its functionality where you’ll find everything you need for your home, be they plants and living-room furnishings or toys and whole kitchens.
Second is its vastness in style. And finally, is the combination of the two. Their range of products is wide in function and style at all times.
Ikea is an international company with many years of experience and will bring their experience to Johor to improve the lifestyles of the locals who will be exposed to international standards of products at a price that is affordable to a majority of the population.
The company will also create more job opportunities in the local area and thus contribute to the general development of the area.
4. Aeon Mall Bandar Dato’ Onn
Aeon Co (M) Bhd is Malaysia’s largest department store/supermarket that intends to expand its activities in Johor to build a new mall. Aeon purchased a 20.93-acre piece of land from Johor Land Bhd at a price of RM77 per sq ft.
The portion of land bought by Aeon is part of a mixed development known as Bandar Dato’ Onn and is an opportunity for Aeon to acquire land and expose its presence in the developing area of Kempas. The company has a strategy of expanding its retail business through the opening up of new outlets and malls.
This new acquisition will be funded by Aeon’s internal funds. It is projected that the expansion process will contribute in a big way to the company’s future earnings and increase its net assets and be able to complete the project in a span of 20 months.
Bandar Dato’ Onn is considered to be a jewel of Malaysia and it will spread over 1,514 acres of freehold land. Bandar is located only a few kilometers from the Johor city center.
This development has been thoroughly planned as a self contained city where a total population in excess of 90,000 can be comfortably accommodated and a place where they can call home. Among its notable features include:
- Its location that is highly accessible because it has a network of interchanges which provide direct and continuous access to the township.
- About 19 neighborhoods which will be extensively planned for in order to provide the best aspects of communal living.
- A 118-acre area that will be reserved for a commercial center which will act as a hub spot to the local community.
- Emphasis is also placed on the concept of green areas and recreational parks. These are areas that will complement the busy city kind of life with the tranquility provided by nature as a form of relaxation and rejuvenation. Apart from this, the green areas and parks will transform Bandar Dato ‘Onn into one of the most beautiful and attractive modern township to be found in southern Malaysia and a place where one can call home.
5. Country Garden Shopping Mall
Country Garden is a major development by Country Garden Group located at a spectacular seaside beach, Danga Bay. The view of Danga Bay is breathe taking as it faces the Straits of Johor and the city of Singapore.
Country Garden will be the first Oasis Garden facing the seafront. It will consist of 5 blocks of 5 star Service Apartments, 12 blocks of Condominiums and also a proposed future development of a Rapid Transit System linked to Singapore Woodlands North MRT.
Country Garden Shopping mall is placed on the 57 acres of beach side and is currently under construction. It is located close by Johor Bahru and the Causeway, just a mere five minute’s drive away.
Country Garden Shopping Mall’s is a hanging garden like mall which also incorporates modern looking architecture. The concept of this mall is to provide exclusive, luxurious and privilege shopping experience.
This large shopping mall will offer 70,000 square meters of retail space. So expect your favourite international brands at this pleasant looking mall to be available soon.
For sure this mall will freshen your shopping experience and offer something different. Country Garden Shopping Mall is targeted to be completed by end of 2017.
6. Capital 21, Jalan Tampoi
Capital 21 is a shopping mall housed in the Capital City. It is a theme shopping mall which was launched in December 2013. This specially designed mall gathers five continents and twenty one world capitals in one mall.
Capital 21 provides 1,200 retail space ranging from 120 square feet and up to 5,000 square feet in size. The total size of the mall is 1,100,000 square feet, definitely a shopping paradise.
As the Mall’s name mentions, Capital 21 has different floors which will be based on twenty one different capital cities located all over the world.
The twenty one capital cities are namely,
Niagara Falls, Milan, Las Vegas, Shanghai, Madrid, Singapore, Seoul, Dubai, Amsterdam, Washington DC, Athens, Tokyo, Istanbul, New Delhi, Cairo, Sydney, Los Angeles, Stockholm, Paris, Dallas and Hawaii.
The American floor will give you an All American experience, you will discover America like never before as the bright lights of the floor and the sophisticated lifestyle products.
The European continent floor will immerse you in the European flair which is filled with romance and elegance. The place for you to indulge in your favourite wine or a romantic candle light dinner.
The Australian continent floor is themed “Great Australian Discovery”, the floor celebrates the spirit of the outback of Australia. Location of famous swimming, adventure and surfing gear.
Other floor continents features Dynamic Asia and the Exotic and Magical Middle East which features culture and mesmerizing places within the mall.
Capital 21 is strategically placed along the improved route of Tampoi road. Tampoi road links the city centre and other areas from Nusajaya till Senai Airport.
It takes a short 13 minute drive from Johor Bahru City Centre and there is no worry of parking space as there are more than 5,000 parking spaces. Definitely a shopping mall worth it to shop in.
7. Mydin Mall Mutiara Rini
Mydin Mall Mutiara Rini, located at Skudai, Johor is also another anticipated mall expected to be completed mid of 2017. After its completion it will be the largest Mydin hypermarket in Johor.
The Mydin branding is famous throughout Malaysia for its retailing and wholesaling. Mydin malls are famous for being 100% halal compliant and also offers commodities at attractive prices.
The products at Mydin Mall ranges from,
- Fabrics toys
The mall will also house stalls for small business makers in turn offer cheaper goods. Expect all the local goods as well as quality imported goods to be available at Mydin Mall.
8. D’Pristine @ Medini
D’Pristine @ Medini is an all in one development structure which consists of,
- 4 star designer hotel
- 2 Small Office and Flexible Office (SOFO) towers
- A-grade office tower
- 3 storey lifestyle mall.
D’Pristine @ Medini is located within Iskandar Puteri (previously known as Nusajaya) which is part of the Iskandar Malaysia development plan. This massive complex is built up on a 2,300 acre of land. It takes only 15mins drive via Second Link Expressway from Singapore.
D’Pristine @ Medini offers a stunning view of lakes and Legoland Theme Park Malaysia. It is indeed a nice place to chill out and enjoy your shopping moments.
The mall has very high expectations as it is located in a very high profile location. It expects to attract leisure travellers, retirees, medical tourists, professionals and expatriates.
As of now, D’Pristine is still under construction and is set to be completed by the end of 2017.
9. Helios Cove Shopping Mall
Helios Cove’s Stellar Walk is a very special lifestyle mall as it is a child centred shopping centre which claims to be the first one to be available in Johor Bahru.
This lifestyle mall will provide,
- G-kids children theme park
- Snow City theme park across the Stellar Square
- Dorsett Hotel next to Stellar Walk
- Local Bank
- Malay & Chinese local street culture
The Mall consists of four storeys which houses a retail village for every floor.
Stellar Walk offers a wide choices of product and services for children,
- Children Education
- Children Toys
- Children Entertainment
- Daily use products for Children
- Family based dining experience
It is most important for children to be given the best care and attention, Helios Cove’s Stellar Walk Mall is one place that will spread the message and fulfil the family needs.
Helios Cove is expect to be completed by the mid of 2017.
How To Get To Upcoming Shopping Malls In Johor Bahru
The most convenient way of reaching these upcoming shopping malls is by road. Here you are more comfortable taking a taxi which will help you reach to these locations easily in a short period of time.
SGMYTAXI is the leading taxi company in Johor Bahru and offers such services. The services are reliable and efficient as all its vehicles are well maintained and driven by drivers who know their way around town.
You can even reserve a return taxi which will take you to and from the shopping malls at minimal cost.
So, whenever you need to visit the shopping malls to do your shopping or for other recreational purposes it is best to use the taxi services which will save you a lot of headaches in terms of transportation problems.
The good thing though is that all these locations are well connected with excellent road networks and this makes reaching there an easy affair.