Well-known for deep-sea fishing, Pulau Pemanggil is fishermen’s heaven located 45km off Mersing.
The calm emerald water surrounds the pristine island homes to lavishness of colourful coral reefs and marine life.
Hence, plenty of water sports can be enjoyed on the island.
Due to the large sacred boulder in the middle of the island, many tourists find this island an elegant yet mysterious one.
Up until now, it has welcomed lots of tourists from all over the world since the opening of their first resort.
Why Stay in Pulau Pemanggil?
Pulau Pemanggil is perfect for a serene and peaceful getaway. There are a few well-maintained resorts on the island. Their services are rated excellent and heart-warming.
Pulau Pemanggil offers long stretches of stunning beaches and crystal clear water. Lying on the beach, floating on the water and a leisure stroll are the simplest and the most relaxed activities on the island.
Deep-sea fishing is opened to all tourists in Pulau Pemanggil. There are various ideal fishing spot available and the island holds one of the famous fish hunting grounds in Malaysia. Goods around the island are mackerels and marlins.
Also read: 10 Best Islands off Mersing, Johor
Apart from deep-sea fishing, various water sports are available on the island. The resort will provide all the equipment you need. The island is also well-suited for adventurous people.
It offers an exciting and challenging hiking experience to the hilltop for a scenic view of dazzling ocean. Tourists can even visit the local village to learn their culture.
How To Go To Pulau Pemanggil
Mersing Jetty is the only take-off point to Pulau Pemanggil and it requires 4- 5 hours boat ride to arrive at the island.
Normally, the resort will arrange a boat transfer for you which is either fast or slow boat services. Fast boat services are more expensive compared to the slow one.
Note: Please take note that the boat transfers always depends on the tidal conditions.
There are 2 ways to get to Mersing Jetty from Singapore either by private car or by coach. Both journey takes around 3 hours.
1. Private Car From Singapore To Mersing Jetty
2. Coach From Singapore To Mersing Jetty
Coach services are cheaper and are suitable for budget travellers.
In Singapore, The One Travel & Tours offers coach services to Mersing jetty with Golden Mile Complex as their pick-up point.
The coach normally leaves early in the morning. Online booking is available.
More info, click here: How To Get To Mersing From Singapore
What to Do in Pulau Pemanggil
Don’t underestimate this small and pristine island as there are lots of relaxing and challenging activities you can enjoyed here.
1. Island hopping at Pemanggil Island
2. Deep-sea fishing
There are various ideal fishing spots available for fishing enthusiasts and even first-timers. September to December is the best period for fishing. Or, fish in between May to August for seasonal fishes.
3. Scuba diving at Pemanggil Island
Explore the mysterious underwater world through scuba diving in Malaysia. The divers can have a closer look to the beautiful coral reefs and sea creatures. The equipment you will need can be rent from the resort.
4. Snorkelling at Pemanggil Island
Snorkelling is one of the best ways to get personal with the incredible coral reefs surround Pulau Pemanggil and you’ll find diverse marine life in the water. Mask up and have a try!
5. Hiking at Pemanggil Island
Hiking is great for adventurous people! While staying here, hike to the hilltop for an amazing view of South China Sea and the surrounding islands.
6. Relax on the Pulau Pemanggil beach
Enjoy the beauty of nature by sunbathing and have a stroll along the beach. It helps you to relax and refresh your mind and soul.
7. Visit to Pulau Pemanggil’s local village
Never miss out the chance to experience the local living and learn their culture. Plan a visit to the main village on the island – Kampung Buau. It’s definitely a rewarding and interesting trip.
Where to Stay in Pulau Pemanggil
1. Lanting Beach Resort
Lanting Beach Resort is the most famous resort on Pulau Pemanggil. It features Malay-style beachfront rooms ranging from standard room, deluxe room, family room to suites. Besides, long houses which can accommodate up to 14 persons are available for large group travellers.
Savour delicious food ranging from local dishes to western dishes at their on-site restaurant. All the seafood is cooked in local ways. They even prepare BBQ dinner with wide array of options.
Water sports can be enjoyed and all the equipment can be rent from the resort. Also, the resort provides free indoor games include monopoly, cards, mahjong, ping-pong and carom.
For outdoor games, beach volleyball is provided. You can even enjoy the latest films and singing at their In-house movie & Karaoke.
Also read: 15 Best Beach Resort in Johor
Pulau Pemanggil Package
The resort offers a 3D2N packages for tourists. Here is the itinerary of the trip.
- Leave for Pulau Pemanggil from Mersing jetty early in the morning.
- Accommodation check-in
- Free time for fishing, swimming, snorkelling, jet skiing or canoeing for the whole day
- Buffet lunch and dinner are served
- Karaoke and in-house movie are provided
- Island hopping after breakfast
- Packed lunch is provided
- Return to resort for more water sports and leisure time
- BBQ dinner
- Check-out after breakfast
- Leave the island through ferry transfer
2. Pemanggil Holiday Heaven Chalet
3. Family Inn Resort
4. Pemanggil Indah
5. Pak Kaleh Chalet
Pulau Pemanggil Tips & Info
- Only one plug in the room, I recommend you to bring your own extended socket.
- Do not forget to bring your sunblock lotion, hats, umbrellas and other sunscreen items.
- You can rent the life jackets and scuba-diving equipment, please contact staff if necessary.
- There are a number of necessary items sell in the resort, just next to restaurant.
- No towels available in the room, please take your towel at the counter when you do the registration and remember to return back after you check out the resort.
- For safety reasons, the resort will based on the weather of the day to decide whether to go to sea.
- The Lanting Beach Resort has many ladders, please walk-in caution.
- If you need hot water, you can request from the resort’s staffs.
When is The Best Time to Visit Pulau Pemanggil
Pulau Pemanggil is influenced by monsoon season which falls from October to March. Travel during monsoon season may lead to disappointment as the resorts close their doors within this period of time. Hence, April to September would be the best time to visit Pulau Pemanggil.
It’s encouraged to travel from April to September as there are less rainfalls and the coast is clear. The island is less susceptible to strong winds and rough sea waves. It’s always sunny day thus water sports and other beach activities can be enjoyed throughout the day.
Even though the resort is closed, online booking at the resorts are available throughout the year.